25. Teenagers and gut feelings

"Hey dad I'm home!" I yell still trying to figure out what's wrong.
"Oh okay good." He says walking from the kitchen. I can't help but feel relieved that he's here.

"So y/n, I got a call and I'm needed at the station tonight. I won't be back till like 5." He says walking over to a sandwich on the table.
"In the morning?" I ask feeling the pit in my stomach grow once more.
"Yeah, I have to leave in a little bit." He says eating his sandwich.

My heart starts pounding.

Something is about to happen. But what? Or when?

"You'll be fine on your own overnight right?" He asks. I nod slowly trying to not panic. "Or you could have Seth over." He says looking as if he's shocked he said it.

It would be easier just to have Charlie know he's coming.

"Yeah it would make it better." I say. "If you don't mind." I add quieter. He sighs.
"Yeah go ahead." He says.

I call Seth to let him know that he can come through the front door like a normal person. He picks up.
"Charlie said you can come over, and spend the night." I say.
"Oh okay that's better. Also do you still have the bad feeling?"
"Yeah." I say trying to ignore it.
"It'll be fine." He whispers. I do a half smile trying to believe it.

After a while Charlie tells me he has to go.
"I'll be back in the morning, stay safe." He says walking out the front door. Seth isn't here yet. I sit down on the couch.

After what seems like forever, there's a knock at the door. I jump up slightly, but then realize it's Seth at the door. I get up and let him in.

"You still feel it?" He asks looking around.
"Yeah, it seems to only get worse." I say slowing my words.

He grabs my hands.
"I don't smell anyone." He reassures me. I smile softly.
"Can we go to my room?"
"Yeah."

He doesn't let go of my hand as we go up the stairs and into my bed. We fall into the bed and I cuddle up next to him. He wraps his arm around me.

The feeling starts to calm but after about an hour it's spikes up. I jolt up.

Seth looks at me worried and confused.

I look around the room. The window is open. I run over and lock it.

"Y/n, what's going on?" Seth asks following me around.
"I don't know yet." I mutter still looking.

A vision pops into my head.

It's a bunch of kids running around. They're screaming and throwing things. Some have guns and are shooting them recklessly. I open my eyes.

That has to be what Charlie was called in for.

I look over at Seth.
"What did you see?"
"A bunch of teenagers being teenagers."

"Please come lay down." He says laying in bed again. I look back towards the window as I sigh and walk into bed. I cuddle up with Seth as we start to play a movie.

The feeling doesn't seem to disappear but it's mostly calmed.

After a while, we start to hear noises coming from outside. I look over at Seth.
"Stay here." He says as he stands up and makes his way to the window. I inch my way to the end of the bed to see.

He's looking outside, when there's a loud bang on the door downstairs. I look at Seth terrified.

"I'll check it out." He says starting to make his way to the door.
"Let me come." I say getting up. He looks at me for a second, before sighing.

I follow after him, making sure to grab my bat.

We get down there and Seth starts to look outside.

I hear glass shattering from upstairs.
"Seth!" I yell. He closes the door and we run upstairs.

My bedroom window is shattered. There is a rock on the floor.

"I'm calling Charlie." I say. I pick up my phone and call him.

Seth stays next to me.

He picks up.
"Y/n?" Charlie says.
"Dad, I don't know what's happening. We heard noises then a bang on the front door, and someone broke my window." I say still scared.

"Oh my god. I'll be right there. Is Seth there?"
"Yeah."
"Okay make sure neither of you leave and go into the bathroom."

"Okay."
"I'll be right there."

Seth and I walk into the bathroom. We sit on the floor. I rest my head on his shoulder.

After a bit the door opens. I can't tell if it's Charlie or someone else.

"Y/n! Seth!" Charlie yells from downstairs.
"Coming!" I yell back.

We walk downstairs.

"I didn't see anyone but it was probably a group of teenagers, I've been looking for them all night. They've been doing this all night."
"Oh okay."
"Sleep in Bella's room tonight and we'll get you a new window tomorrow." Charlie says. I nod. "I have to go back but text me if anything happens."
"Okay."

He leaves and Seth and I go into Bella's room.
"What do you need right now?" Seth asks.
"Nothing I already got it."
"Okay."

We cuddle up again as we continue the movie.

I can tell that Seth is still a little on edge. I feel safer now that I know it's just a bunch of kids just being dumb.

I feel my eyes grow heavy and I just snuggle closer to Seth. He slowly starts rubbing my back.

I end up falling asleep feeling safe.

(A.n: okay so what do you think??