xciv

After taking a moment to appreciate the beauty of the starry night sky, Madeleine looked back at her brother, godfather and mother, the latter who was holding a babbling Teddy in her arms. Narcissa, Andromeda and Mamie had already joined the rest of the guests but since Teddy was the ring carrier, he had his grand entrance with his great-aunt which he was more than happy about. Maddie closed her eyes again and heard the music playing and chattering in the short distance, her heart fluttering with excited butteriflies rather than nervous ones.

"I mean it, we can leave now if you want," Sirius teased.

"I don't want to leave," Maddie chuckled. "And I'm supposed to walk down that aisle at exactly midnight so I think that you should walk over there now mum."

"I know darling," Cressida smiled and kissed the top of her daughter's head. "You will be brilliant ma belle, and you truly are the most beautiful bride in the world."

"Thanks mum, I love you," Maddie said softly and watched her mum and godson walk past the trees that were hiding her from the rest of the wedding guests.

The music changed into a softer melody that Madeleine knew Lizzie had chosen. The moon was softly illuminating the path that she had to walk through before finally reaching the aisle and by the sound of the music, she knew that Fred was about to walk towards the front, followed by Alicia and Lee, and finally by Lizzie and George.

"Are you ready?" Tim asked after he took a quick glance at his watch, knowing that it was time already.

"I am," Maddie smiled nervously and looked at her godfather who still had tears brimming in the corner of his eyes.

"Look what you've done to this old man Maddibear," Sirius chuckled and kissed her temple, making her smile like when she was a little girl.

"If any of you let me fall, mark my words that that, will be the last thing you'll ever do," Maddie took a deep breath and linked one of her arms with Timothée's and the other with Sirius', holding the bouquet of sunflowers, tulips and a single white iris with both of her hands.

Fred was already standing in the front, a wide grin displaying on his handsome face as he watched his best friends and best man walk towards the front, Bill and Charlie wolf-whistled as Fred adjusted his tie, the older twin sending a cocky wink their way. Mirroring his twin's grin, George gave Fred a tight hug as he moved to stand by his brother's side with Lee. Lizzie and Alicia stood on his other side, leaving the space where Madeleine would stand in when she reached the front, the two of them holding smaller versions of the blonde's bouquet.

The fairies inside the floating glass jars were twinkling, creating a warm glow, lighting up the path that Maddie was following to reach the place where their wedding would take place, gripping her brother and godfather's arms tightly. Fred was talking in whispers with George and Lee and came to a halt when he felt the air being punched out of his lungs. Everyone who was sitting down on the delicate silver chairs stood up when Madeleine reached what was the end of the aisle with Sirius and Timothée.

"Fucking hell," Fred breathed and didn't acknowledge the tears that were running down his cheeks, his smile only growing wider as she walked slowly towards him, tears pooling in her own eyes as well. He felt the same way he did when he saw her come down the stairs the night of the Yule Ball, the gold glittery dress flowing seamlessly with every step she took but this time it was the wedding dress she was wearing, to marry him.

Suddenly, all of their surroundings blended and they were the only two people in the world as they looked at each other with teary eyes and wide smiles. Fred felt like he was in sixth year all over again when he looked into her jade green eyes, the amount of love he felt being unexplainable. His mind took him back to the first time he looked into her eyes when he sat in front of her on the train, his heart doing somersaults as she finally stopped in front of him, the smile never leaving neither of their faces.