Part 12

Sleep did not overtake her as easily as Clarissa hoped it did. Since she slept earlier than usual, Clarissa woke up just past midnight after getting a measly two hours of sleep. She tossed and turned, trying to get back to sleep but gave up eventually. Not knowing what to do, Clarissa sat up and rummaged through her dresser to fish out the mirror James told her about, hoping the messy haired boy was still awake. Quickly casting a silencing charm around her bed to not wake up her roommates, she recalled how James called Sirius with his own mirror and mimicked the action. Clarissa watched as the mirror ripple for a while and to her relief, James' face popped up rather than her reflection.

"James," Clarissa breathed out, a soft smile forming on her face as she gazed upon his.

"Hey Clar, can't sleep?" James asked her with a knowing grin.

She shook her head, "I didn't wake you, did I?"

"No, you're all good love. The lads and I are still messing around playing Exploding Snap."

Right as he said that Clarissa heard a shout from his end of the mirror, meaning someone lost the game being played. She got a great view of James' sharp jawline as he turned away from the mirror to look at who lost the game and was dealing with the harsh burns of the cards. Clarissa wondered when she found herself so attached to this boy that was fictional to her only weeks ago, but now is craving to be in his presence after not being in it for a couple hours. Although they spent only a week or so together, Clarissa definitely gravitated towards him, whether it be because he was the first person she saw in this new world, or because of the attraction the other Clarissa held for him.

James looked back at Clarissa and interpreted the soft gaze she was giving him as sleepiness.

"Are you having trouble sleeping? Do you want me to come there?" He asked her, concernedly.

Clarissa opened her mouth ready to decline once again but decided against it, missing the hazel-eyed boy more than she thought she would. Added on to the fact that she was in a new environment, she wanted something familiar with her at the moment. Turning back to the mirror, Clarissa sheepishly nodded her head and watched as the Potter boy's mouth widened to a smile. She was glad that the thought of spending the night with her brought him so much joy.

"Give me 5 minutes, love. I'll let the lads know where I'm going. Oh, don't forget to open your window!"

Before she could ask why she would open her window, James winked at her and the mirror rippled again, leaving her to stare at her befuddled reflection. Clarissa did as what James asked and opened the window by her bed. She stared at the vast dark sky that was littered with stars, she's never seen this many stars out before considering she lived in the city. One of stars seemed to be getting closer and Clarissa felt like Harry during the second film. The star turned out to be James on his broomstick with his wand out casting the Lumos spell to help him navigate in the dark.

Clarissa couldn't believe she didn't put two and two together when James asked her to open the window. The window wasn't small per se, but it definitely was not large enough for James to fly through with his broom. He hovered next to the window and used one arm to grab onto the windowsill and the other to quickly pass his broom to the brunette girl. Clarissa did not have much care for the broom and threw it on her bed before rushing over to grab the hands of the chaser.

"Are you insane?!" Clarissa hissed at him as she helped him through the window.

James grunted as he pulled himself through and gave her a cheeky grin, "You know you love me."

The girl rolled her eyes and her heartbeat only slowed once both of James' feet were on the ground.

"I thought you were going to walk here with the cloak and map, not fly your broom across the castle grounds. And isn't your broom supposed to be in the broom shed?" She asked quietly, keeping in mind her sleeping roommates.