045.

THE WIN

good 4 u by olivia rodrigo

like a damn sociopath

⸺THE Scoops Troop had been walking for what felt like hours. They were walking down the hallway that seemed to have no end in sight and the whole way, Steve and Tiffany's fingers were interlocked. Even though this was the one of the worst situations to be in, Dustin was fangirling over the architecture. "I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive."

Cory who was walking next to him gave him a weird look. "Are you high? This is a total fire hazard."

Steve agreed with him. "Yeah, there's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell."

Erica being the annoying child that she is, had to point out the obvious. "They're Commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners."

Robin defended the Russians while also making a solid point. "To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking. Think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo."

Dustin and Robin started riffing off each other. "It all comes into the mall like any old delivery."

"And then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser." Tiffany scoffed and added in her sarcasm that everyone loves. That was sarcasm. Everybody hates it. Except Steve. He loves it. "Do you seriously think that they built a whole ass mall just to move a bunch of toxic floor cleaner?"

Dustin rolled his eyes at his sister. "I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as toxic floor cleaner. It's gotta be more valuable, like promethium or something."

Steve being the non nerd that he is had no idea what promethium was. "What the hell is promethium?"

Tiffany explained it for him. "It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components. I literally talked about this for like an hour."

"I can't keep up with your super hero stuff." Erica rolled her eyes at them. "You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill."

Steve did not like that. "No, no, no, no. No, don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, alright?"

Cory found the perfect time to make fun of Steve which is one of his favourite pass times. "Why so sensitive, Stevie? Are you scared of losing cool points to a ten year old?"

"No, I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus." Tiffany cleared the air for him once again. "Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure. We're talking about promethium."

Everything Tiffany was saying was seriously not helpful, but that's why she's here. Make witty comments and be unhelpful the entire time until everyone else fails and she fixes everything herself. She did it with the Mind Flayer in the Byers' house two years ago and she almost died saving the kids and Steve last year. Dustin jumped back into the conversation. "All I'm saying is, it's probably being used to make something."

"Or power something."

"Like a nuclear weapon."

"Totally." Steve was now adding his matching sarcasm with Tiffany. "Walking towards a nuclear weapon. That's great. That'd be great."

Robin couldn't figure out one concept. "But if they're building something, why here? I mean, Hawkins? Seriously?"

Tiffany realized something and stopped walking. Steve, Cory and Dustin stopped with her as Erica and Robin kept walking and talking.