Chapter 16: The Invitation

"How did it go?" I asked my brother when I saw him coming out from our Father's office. I was waiting for him outside to invite him to a tea party, I also want to hear the news for the preparation from him too.

My brother glanced at me. "It went well," He said  "Did you bake cookies for today?" Gabriel asked me. 

"How cute, my brother still loves Cookies!" I said with a smile on my face. I immediately grabbed his hand. "Of course, let's go to the garden. Let's have a tea party while you tell me the preparations that you made" 

"Don't you dare to run, If you tripped off to the ground..."

"Yeah, yeah big bro," I said as I roll my eyes. Does he think I didn't know that? I'm not a child anymore.

"I'm just reminding you," He said.

Two days had passed since that bizarre thing happened, after that day I and my father haven't talked personally with each other. However, it was my brother who handled the situation, he talked to the Marquis about our agenda.

I actually don't know how my brother explained things to our father or what type of stuff they did discuss with each other. The truth is I really don't care since it's a normal thing for me. Gabriel usually manages these types of matters, especially for our business in the countryside.

He will report it to me after all, and if they have problems, that's the time when I will take some actions to help him. 

Just look how supportive I am, Hehe~

As you can see, I am only a mere 'idea giver' to him. The one who actually brought wealth to our family is Gabriel, He is the one to meet Leonardo for our business, he is the one who handled the meetings, the plans, the advertisement, the maneuvering. 

I have the knowledge, he handles the strategy.

In short, I'm just his lazy-ass adviser. 

It's not like he could complain tho... I was the one who raised him to become like that. He knows that we survived with the use of my wits and knowledge, but since he is a genius, it's his turn to raise me now. 

I mean... yeah...

Good thing that my brother never disappoints me, and even if he does, he will always be my Little brother.

"Err, Do you know that the delicious food in this house is starting to annoy me" I complained while stuffing the cookies in my mouth. Gabriel raised his brows while drinking the tea that I made for him. "They are delicious Brother, but I need rice, I want rice! Get me some rice!"

"Stop shouting, I can understand how you feel..." He sighed. "There are crumbs on your cheeks, stop eating like a child, you're already 27"

Oh yeah, did I forgot to tell you that I and my brother are addicted to rice? Since I was an Asian in my past life, rice has been a big part of my life. No matter how delicious a food is... It won't be completed without rice.

Yeah, Rice!

Since I have Leonardo's family under my wing, I asked their connections to get me some rice to the eastern countries which are really far from here. I introduced it to my little brother who is merely 8 years old, then he became addicted to it too.

Even Leonardo's family became a fan of rice...

And also Maria...

Too bad, it will take days to contact Leonardo for our dear 'Rice'

"I know!" I quickly clean the crumbs on my cheeks with my white handkerchief. My head drops to the table making a 'thud' sound. "I miss the countryside..." I uttered.