Six

When Niall and Lottie had barged into my room early this morning, the last thing I expected to be doing today was carting this full picnic basket down a steep hill.

I wasn't to sure on where we were heading, but last night, Lottie had decided to set herself the task of showing us the best of what the Tomlinson's pack land could offer. And it must obviously start with this bloody picnic area in the middle of the forest. I swear we'd almost circled the Great Lake by now we'd walked that far.

I huffed as I almost slipped, holding onto the basket handle for dear life, even though it was the reason I was so unbalanced.

Niall snickered beside me, making me pout and glare at the blonde as he sped up to caught Lottie, who was all but running down the hill.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry it, H?" Louis said, coming up from behind me. I sighed with slight annoyance, this being the third adorable time he's asked.

"I'm sure." I muttered, not being able to get to angry at the alpha, who just smiled at me and nodded, but I could sense him still watching my every step as we descended the hill.

Even if I am an omega, I don't need any help from an alpha. A stupid alpha that I was still kind of mad at due to what I walked in on last week, on top of being embarrassed around about our 'moment' after. I can't believe he smelt my scent...

"We're here!" Lottie called out, laughing as Niall bounded in front off her as she held open what seems to be a curtain of vines.

"Fucking finally." I muttered, making Louis choke a laugh as he held the vines out of the way for me so we could follow the other too.

I wasn't expecting much, maybe just some over grown grass and a few trees, a bit of a clearing. But I was not expecting a wide green field, wild flowers growing all around as a barrier of trees seemed to circle the area. It was beautiful, even a couple of  rabbits grazing around. It honestly looked like a painting.

"Wow." I said breathlessly as I took the place in. Louis came up beside.

"Lovely, innit." Louis said quietly, and when I turned to look at him, his blue eyes met mine as he was already looking my way. I just nodded dumbly before looking forward again, focusing on Lottie and Niall as they placed down the blankets instead of the butterflies growing in my stomach.

I smiled down at the ground as I walked towards the other two, hearing Louis follow only seconds after. The grass was wispy against my ankles, the ground soft.

I placed the basket down on the few picnic rugs we had brought, not having any time to open it before Niall was pulling out everything edible thing in there.

***

The sun was warm on my skin, the chill that was quickly setting in the air as we got closer to the beginning of October hadn't set in yet and I was internally grateful.

"Harry?"

I opened my eyes and sat up slowly with a small groan, the tiniest bit annoyed until I saw it was Louis who had called my name.

He was stood at the end of the rug I was laying on, an almost shy smile on his face.

"Yeah?" I said a little apprehensively, since this is the first time he's directly talked to me alone today. I had watched him throughout breakfast, a little quiet and always looking down when I seemed to catch him looking at me. It made me feel like a crazy teenage girl with a crush as the butterflies only grew, not going away as I nibbled on my sandwich.

"I was wondering, well, uh if you wanted to go on a walk with me?" He asked, eyes wide as he looked at me.

"Another walk?" I asked, not being able to help myself. And it was worth it when Louis froze and his face dropped.

"Um yeah I guess. Well, I... I don't know, I just thought-"

"Relax Louis, I'm only joking." I bit my lower lip, holding in the laugh that threatened to escape. I could only grin when Louis squinted his eyes at me, the confident alpha seemingly making a comeback.

"Well, do you wanna?" Louis asked, letting a smile break through as I nodded, pushing down any nerves as I stood.

"Sure."

***

"When you said a walk, I thought, like just a few metres away. Not this bloody treck." I puffed, following Louis along a skinny trail we'd been on for the last fifteen minutes.

"Oh Cmon. It's not that bad. We're not far from it now anyway." Louis teased, trying to poke my ribs but I pulled away just in time with a pout, which just made him laugh.

"What was is 'it' exactly? Are you leading me to my death Louis Tomlinson?" I joked, Louis giving me a fake sinister look.

"Not your death." He laughed. "But it's a surprise."

"I don't think I'll make it there alive honestly."

"Alright then." Was all Louis responded with before he stopped, turned around with a grin before I was suddenly lifted in the air and over his shoulder.

I let out a girly shriek as my feet left the ground, and the only thing I could see was Louis' back covered by the thin black material of his tank top. The tank top that had previously caused me to gain a lot of strength to not allow myself to stare at the young alpha's arms.

"Louis!" I laughed, kicking my legs gently as I lightly pounded at his back, pretending to no enjoy being carried or being this close to him.

"I'm just gonna have to carry you the rest of the way." Louis chimed, continuing down the trail and leaving me to wonder how strong he actually is if he's able to carry me down the uneven track.

I just relaxed with a sigh, looking at the forest behind us as I tried to ignore the feeling of hands holding my upper thighs to keep my in place.

It wasn't long till I heard the sound of running water.

"What's that?" I asked, trying to look over Louis shoulder, but unable to twist around enough to see in front of us.

"That's the surprise, my sweet omega." Louis replied quietly, making my heart skip a beat at the name. I couldn't help but be a blushing mess as he put me down to my feet gentle when he had stopped.

He smiled at me, studying my face for a second, before looking over my shoulder and gesturing for me to turn around.

And when I did I saw the most beautiful small lake, a tall waterfall pouring water over a cliff. It was framed with trees, and a small sand bank made the clear water rise slowly.

"It's gorgeous." I whispered, feeling Louis come up to my side, slightly behind me as he rested his shoulder against mine.

"It is."