2 ✿ book.ed | winstonwrites

winstonwrites

✿ first impression: title, cover and description (11/15)

the title is very interesting! it pulled me on to read the description.

cover gives more of a comic vibe, but wattpad-wise, it gave me the impression of a book from "random" genre. i didn't feel as if it related to the plot or symbolised it. take my words with a grain of salt tho as i'm no graphic designer.

the description was interesting as well altho i'm not sure about the part where you reveal what they'll be doing with the last copy of the book. maybe if you said there was one copy left but two people and left it for the reader to wonder what would happen, it would be more interesting. but that's just me! you don't have to change it if you like it.

as a picky grammar nazi, i picked some mistakes in description that you can quickly fix to make the first impression more appealing (the long lines indicate a free line needed, which is what bothered me most):

plot (15/20)

the plot, when it comes to two people uniting over a book, is fresh. but it wasn't empty of cliches like any other book, ofc. i found james' wealthy life cliche. but hey, cliche isn't bad. it's only how you use it.

everything was okay until harold came into the picture. i couldn't help but cringe. i didn't understand the need of his character if he didn't seem to hold dirt on anyone. just to give amanda a miserable life background? there was no reason to keep him in their family anyway-- he didn't even spend on them, she said. he needed to be reported and kicked asap :/

i liked the settings of the bookshop. i liked it as the place of where they bond.

✿ characters (12/20)

james sounded childish as a first impression. i thought he couldn't be more than sixteen (which turned out to be almost right), but that was just the age of his spirit as i didn't know his real age. i can't say i liked or disliked this bc i did neither-- i was neutral about his vibe. personally, i like reading books with a more adult-ish theme, so my opinion's going to be biased.

about amanda, no idea if you intended it, but she was straight out rude. james clearly had the book first. there is a fine line between being feisty/cool and rude, and calling someone a giraffe right off the bat could be offending to many. i'm glad james didn't let her off the hook. she had such an attitude for no reason, honestly. it was just a book. the coin trick was cool tho! 

there was a personality contradiction when the book splitting happened. i didn't understand how a true book lover would agree to do that? and what's the use of reading the second half without the first half? a big why was floating in my head. they didn't have to force themselves to share it, especially that james couldn't read the first half anyway. the book was getting restocked anyway.