xiv

The next morning, Vishnu gathered everyone to brief about the situation and what Pranav told them.

"Puriyala," Pugazh said. "Avan sivu va kola than
vanthana?"

(I don't understand. Did he come to kill Sivaangi?

Vishnu nodded, "Aama. But Karthik last minute la told him to kill someone else."

(Yes. But at the eleventh hour, he told him to kill someone else)

"Yen?"

(Why?)

Vishnu sighed, "Therila. I think something changed in his motive, he wants her alive now."

(Don't know. I think something changed in his motive, he wants her alive now.)

A shiver ran down Sivaangi's spine. She had no clue what Karthik wanted from her. Pugazh anna wraped an arm around her shoulder, sensing her fear.

Vishnu turned to Master, "Prashanth was very close with you. Ungaluku ethavathu theriyuma?"

(Prashanth was very close with you. Do you know anything?)

Master let out a deep breath, "Avanuku cinema na uyiru. Pathi neram ethavathu shooting spot illana studio la than irupaan. Atha thavira…"  he trailed off.

(His whole life was cinema. He spent most of his time in shooting spots or studios. Other than that.."

"Ennathu?," Vishnu urged.

(What is it?)

Master glanced towards Sivaangi, "Avanuku Sivaangi na romba pudikum. Chinna vayasulaya avanga amma sethutanga, so avanuku Sivaangi avanga amma mathiri iruka appadi soluvan."

(He is very fond of Sivaangi. His mother passed away when he was very young. He used to always say Sivaangi is similar to his mother.)

Sivaangi didn't know what to say, she was only recently aware of Prashanth's apparent crush on her. Back then, she was completely oblivious to it. But for her, Prashanth was nothing but a friend.

Ashwin then asked, "Karthika ah epadi kandu pudikaporinga sir?"

(How are you going to kind Karthik?)

Vishnu shook his head, "Namma avana thedi ponumngra avasiyam illa, avane nammala thedi varuvan. Adhukku namma ready ah irukanaum."

(We don't need to go in search of him. He'll come finding us. We have to be ready for that.)

"Is it safe?", Pavitra asked.

Vishnu nodded, "Don't worry, ungala direct ah ethume panna vekka matten."

(Don't worry. You won't be directly involved in anything.)

Just as he said, a phone rang loudly. Vishnu took a phone out of his pocket. It was Sivaangi's phone. An unknown number flashed on the screen.

Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, he handed the phone to Sivaangi, who answered it with equal confusion.

"Hello?"

Silence on the other end.

"Hello?," she repeated.

The line cracked and a gruff modified voice came through it, "Sivaangi?", the voice whispered.

A chill ran down her spine, "Yaaru?"

(Who is it?)

"Karthik," he said.

She nearly dropped her phone. Everyone in the room was hooked on to what she was saying. She mouthed to Vishnu that it was Karthik.

"Sivaangi," he said. "5 years ago, I told you to come with me. Appove vanthurkalam la? Ippo paaru, thevai illama, ellarukum unnala prachanai."

(Five years ago, I told you to come with me. Should've followed me then itself, isn't it? Now everyone's in danger because of you.)

Ashwin was so on edge, and just wanted to take her away from all this. He couldn't stay still watching her feared expression.

"Itha paaru, naa wait lam pana matten. Ozhunga vanthudu, then I won't hurt anyone."

(Look. I won't wait for you. Just come with me, I won't hurt anyone.)

Sivaangi was silent, she didn't know what to do or say.

He chuckled sourly again, "Varalana enna theriyuma?"

(Do you know what will happen if you don't?)

Sivaangi was still quiet.

"3…"

The whole building was silent, the only that was heard was the moving breeze.

"2.."

Sivaangi's heart thudded so violently. She was so hyper aware of her surroundings, that she could feel every twitch of her bones. Karthik fell silent for a moment before whispering,

"Boom."

A large scream rippled through the resort at that exact moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Murugan prided himself on being the longest running chef in this resort. He had seen all types of people and situations. He had been associated with this resort for almost 15 years now.

"Kumudha, antha 309A ku coffee eduthutu poyacha?"

(Kumudha, have you sent coffee to 309A  room?)

Kumudha, his assistant, shook her head. "Illa thatha. Coffee powder store room ka iruku."

(No, Grandpa. We're out of coffee powder here. It's in the store room.)

Murugan sighed, "Nethiku eduthutu vara sonnen la."

(I told you to refill it yesterday itself, right?)

Kumudha gave him a sheepish smile. Huffing disappointedly, he walked outside to go to the store room. Cooking had been his life, bread and butter, everything.

The store room hallway lights were off. He furrowed his eyebrows. That was unusual. Kumudha opened up early and turned on all the lights.

He walked closer to the store room and found the door unlocked and slightly ajar. That was even more unusual. He clearly remembered locking the door last night.

The door creaked loudly against the unusually quiet resort, as he opened it and went inside. The room was even more tranquil, but he oddly felt another presence in the room.

He worked his way through the many boxes, finally arriving at the coffee powder. Just as he was about to take and leave, a strange sound came from behind.

Suddenly he was pulled into someone's hold. A hand covered his mouth as he struggled against him, muffled screams coming out of his mouth. The person slammed him against the wall and said,

"3…."

Murugan fought his best against him, punching and kicking the air, trying to get out of his hold.

"2…"

This was it. This was how he was going to die. He would die at the hands of someone he doesn't know. He would die like this. He thought of his family, Kumudha and how she would suffer without him, he though of hi-

"Boom."

Slit.

And he screamed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

hi hi makkale!

i know it's a pretty short chapter, but I'm setting this up for the next chapter so athunala apadi.

finally villain sir entry

hope you felt the thigil 😳😂

leave a comment if you liked it and thank you so much for reading!