Chapter 42

Daisy ✧

Daisy

The day flew quickly; Miya had offered to drive me home today, though she couldn't stay as her mother wanted her home after school.

I went up to my room and tidied it up a bit because it looked like it had been hit by a hurricane.

After that, I went to shower and got ready for tonight with Angel.

I was excited, he managed to fill my thoughts at all times; even yesterday, when I was with Francis, he managed to find his way into them. 

I changed into my clothes and applied a light layer of concealer, mascara, and my favourite strawberry lipgloss.

My natural soft curls were combed out, and I let my hair flow loosely down my back.

After pairing it all with some jewellery I grabbed a small purse and placed some of my things inside.

Just as I finished, a knock came from the front door.

I hurriedly grabbed my phone and shut and locked my window.

My feet scattered down the stairs and walked straight to the front door.

I flung the door open and prepared to greet Angel when I realised it wasn't him.

Francis smiled down at me as he stood at the doorway, leaning against it.

"Hey, Francis." I greet him.

He gives me a quick nod and scans my attire, thankfully not for long enough to make me uncomfortable.

"Going out?" He asks.

I nod and smile.

"You look cute, he's a lucky guy." Francis says, smiling warmly at me.

I giggle and shrug.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"My sister wanted me to ask the neighbours next door what day the bin truck comes." He says casually.

"Oh, Saturday mornings." I answer him.

A shadow loomed over him as he was ready to respond, Angel's tall body completely hovering over Francis.

He noticed this and took a step to the side and looked up.

Angel's face was contained with a deadly glare, which was mostly directed at Francis.

Boy better run for his life.

"I'll see you later, Daisy," Francis gives me a short nod and walks away.

Angel stood there watching him walk away, his eyes shooting bullets into his back.

I put my hand on his arm to draw his attention to myself.

His glare remains visible when he snaps his eyes towards me, though it gradually fades.

I smile at him and gently brush my palm against his arm, hoping to calm him a little.