Chapter Twenty

Davina's POV

------------------------------

"You'll be fine, though. I'm sure."

"And why is that?"

"Because, amore, your dad hasn't put in an ounce of effort in looking for you."

I'm laying on top of Eric, one of my hands in his hair, the other resting on his shoulder. My hair isn't done in any way, and the only articles of clothing I have on are a bra and grey sweatpants, Eric's are black.

"Bit harsh, but that is true," I say, playing with his dark, curled hair between my fingers.

We stay silent for a while before he finally says what has seemed to be on his mind ever since he arrived here, "Davina?"

I raise my brows. "Hmm?"

"I hate to ask this, but we might need your help."

My eyebrows furrow. "With what?"

"Everything. The war, coming up with a plan, putting an end to it all," he lists, I listen. "You grew up in the Russian mafia, hell you're the daughter of the Russian boss, so you must have even the slightest idea of what your dad has planned."

My silence urges Eric to continue.

"I'm not asking you to help us take them down, but just tell me what I can do to prevent my mafia from going down."

"Do you think my father ever told me about his plans?" I ask with a brow raised. "The only words I got from him were orders and instructions. The only way I got information was going on missions where he'd have to provide me with very little info. I have no idea what really goes on in that man's head."

"What about Adrian?" Eric asks.

"What about him?"

"Did he ever let you in on anything?"

I shake my head. "No, I'm pretty sure my dad told him not to."

He thinks for a while. "Why?"

"Not sure," I shrug. "I don't think he trusts me. And honestly, smart of him. Here I am, in bed with the Italian mafia boss's son, spilling the small amount of my mafia knowledge. He honestly didn't do a good job raising me."

Eric admiringly smiles. "He did a good job teaching you how to fight though."

I laugh. "You're funny. He didn't teach me shit. His capos taught me everything I know."

"Same," he nods, causing us both to chuckle. "Back to my question though," he starts. "Will you help us?"

I think for a while before answering his question with another, "How so, exactly?"

"You don't need to come to the compound or anything," Eric assures me.

"Obviously, that would be a death trap for me."

"Exactly, so you'll stay here. I just need you to tell me where your dad has compounds and where he keeps his weapons, stuff like that."

"Eric, I don't know."

"Come on Davina, there has to be something you know. I'll give you a map, just draw where they are." I can hear his tone sounding more begging-like than kindly asking for a favour, and I don't want to think Eric is just using me for information. That thought caused me to mentally frown.

"I know where the safehouses are. But that's it, I don't know about the compounds or weapons, I didn't have access to most of those things."

"Okay, okay, safehouses, that's alright. Do you think your dad has men there?"

Yes, he and Adrian are at one right now.

"Yeah, most-likely," I'm not lying.

"Alright, I'll go print a map and be back with a pen." He leaves his spot on the bed, not without placing a soft kiss on my forehead first. Then he exits the bedroom and heads to the printer I didn't even know this house has.

Five minutes later, he returns as he said, with a pen and paper in his hand. He places the piece of paper down on the bed beside me. It's warm, as if it just came out of a printer, which it did. Printed on it is a map of the world with nothing but thin black outlines of all the countries and small black words, labelling each one.

"Alright, here you go." He plants one knee on the bed, holding the red pen out to me.

I begin drawing small circles on the map, indicating where my father's safehouses are. I try to be helpful. I place many dots scattered in Russia where I know safehouses are. Then I move to other countries such as ones in Europe, Asia, America.

I start whispering out loud the locations to help me think and recall, drawing red circles as I read out the states in the US, "Washington, Alaska, Idaho..." Don't say Nevada, "...New Jersey, New York, North Carolina..." I eventually finish, and red circles are scattered on the map. Eric picks up the sheet and examins it carefully, nodding as his eyes move from country to country.

"Is this all?"

"Yeah." Nope. "That I know of." Uh-uh.

"Alright, thank you. This is really helpful, Davina."

"You're welcome," I reply. "But how are you going to share that with your dad and stuff? They'll ask where you got it from."

"I won't show it to them," Eric answers. "I'll keep the map to myself. I'll just very subtly suggest locations of where the Russians' safehouses might be and send men there."

My eyes widen subtly. "Send men there to do what?"

Eric looks at me, knowing what I'm thinking is probably not what he is. "Just to guard and surround the areas, that's all."

I nod. "You should get to work soon, they're probably wondering where you keep disappearing off to."

He chuckles. "No, it's okay. Plus, I'm not leaving you here until I make breakfast."

"Again?" I say, surprised.

"Yes, of course. What would you like to eat, Signora?" He places his hands on both of my thighs as my legs hang off the bed, slowly wrapping around his hips.

"Make me anything," I smiled.

He mirrored my smile and nodded, "Anything it is."

------------------------------

so i started writing in past-tense 😃 ill edit the past chapters once im done with this book, whenever that will be.

if i did the whole book in eric's pov so far, i could do a plot twist where davina was actually still on her father's side the whole time, but i didn't think of that until now which is sad.

also i feel like ive apologised for this a thousand times already — im srry for only updating like once a week, im having extreme writers block with this story and my brain goes blank everytime i try to write a new chap.

i had a whole plan for this book but for some reason i didnt follow that plan and im rlly mad thag i didnt, bc id be able to write so much easier and update so much faster.