2|| THE FACES OF REGRET- THE ONE WHO TRIED TO STAY

*TRIGGER WARNING: Mention/Insinuation of Abortion

COURTNEY

"I'm sorry, Courtney, but the agency doesn't have any project that fits you right now. We only have the same photoshoots for lingerie, not maternity wear."

How stupid can I get? I should have known better when that irresponsible Jonas insisted on having sex with no protection. Starting today, I'm a bum. I don't know other jobs except for model lingerie wear. With this baby bump showing, I have no choice but to get rid of it. The more that I couldn't find the jerk of a father.

I'm not religious, but I wish someone would save me from this distress. I have bills to pay. My rent, credit cards, and food. How will I send money to my family in Connecticut? Terrible mess. I need to decide now. The morning sickness and the pregnancy hormones are unbearable. Living as a small-time model here in New York can barely make me breathe with my daily expenses. How much more with a baby?

My mind is all over the place as I walk the streets of New York. How fascinating that people from different parts of the world dream of being in this city. Nobody can judge anybody by how they look. Who would think I'm broke as hell and drowning in my problems with my appearance? Yet, I can get inside this Tiffany's store and pretend that I have the money that can buy my heart's desire.

Before I could enter the store, a familiar man beat me to it. Another jerk to mess with my day!

"Excuse me? You should be a gentleman and allow me to enter the door first!"

"I'm sorry, miss. My flight is in two hours, and I need to get something from the store. I didn't notice you at all."

We looked at each other, and it clicked on me why he looked familiar. I remembered him now.

"I know you! I'm Courtney. Don't you remember?" I extended my hand as his face scowled, trying to recall my name.

"Do I know you from somewhere, Miss?"

"Yes, it's me, Courtney, the model. We met at a bar. You came to pick up Mr. Waldon. The Cid Waldon!"

"Yeah, yeah. I remember. How are you?" As he took my hand, his eyes focused on my baby bump. I was about to cover it with my bag, but a great idea came to mind. Heaven-sent!

"Well, I'm not okay. As you can see." I pointed at my stomach and put my acting skills to work. "I guess this is fate. Meeting you here is perfect timing! I've been looking everywhere for your boss, the Cid Waldon."

"May I know why you direly need seeing my boss?" His brows furrowed. I cornered him. It's my lucky day.

"I have something that he owns! He needs to see me in 24 hours if he doesn't want me to call for a press conference. I wouldn't mind airing his dirty laundry in public. And mind you, I'm very good at that."

"Are you sure about this? Cid was never irresponsible with women. We can sue you for slander and defamation!"

"You don't know what I'm capable of. Here is my number and call me before the 24-hour ends. Either he comes to see me, or I come to see the press!"