Chapter 107

Liang Jinhui did not understand why Xia Lin, a high-achieving student who originally only focused on the field of oncology and neurosurgery, suddenly became so interested in the scientific research team selected through variety shows. 

At this moment, Gavin's words were so eloquent. Xia Lin listened very attentively.

Then Gavin invited Xia Lin and asked him if he would like to go to City F to meet his buddy, Song Yan's fan. Xia Lin thought about it for a moment and then readily agreed, which even shocked Liang Jinhui.

He had invited Xia Lin so many times before but he did not expect that Gavin would take Xia Lin in just a few minutes.

Seeing Xia Lin getting up with Gavin to leave, he hurriedly grabbed his arm and said, "Senior Xia, this person is unpredictable, you can't just..."

"I'll take proper measures." Xia Lin faintly withdrew his hand, "I'll bring my room card with me. You don't have to wait for me to come back at night. Go to bed early." 

The tone seemed to comfort a child and Gavin couldn't help but glance at Liang Jinhui.

"Senior Xia, Senior Xia..." 

Liang Jinhui watched Xia Lin walk away without looking back. Gavin turned around and made a defiant face at him. Liang Jinhui was so angry that he almost threw his dinner plate out.

As he walked out of the cafeteria, Xia Lin caught a glimpse of a dark shadow flashing towards the corner of the safety exit from the corner of his eyes. He subconsciously stopped and stared at the corner for a while.

Gavin had already walked to the elevator and pressed the button. The door opened with a "ding". 

He turned around and asked Xia Lin, "Lin, the elevator's here, why aren't you leaving?"

"Oh." Xia Lin recovered, thinking that maybe he had hallucinations just now. He shook his head and followed Gavin into the elevator. 

When the elevator door closed again, Song Yan controlled the wheelchair to slowly turn around the corner.

The assistant followed him, patted his chest, and said, "It's dangerous, it's dangerous, we almost ran into him."

Song Yan stared in the direction of the elevator door, feeling a little lost: "Just now... was it an American who was walking with Xia Lin?" 

"It seems so," the assistant said, "but it seems that his Chinese is pretty good." 

Song Yan fell into silence.

Although it was only a brief glimpse just now, Song Yan clearly saw Xia Lin and the American walking around talking and laughing. Xia Lin's appearance of letting his guard down and without indifference has not been seen in any photo in the past three years. 

After a while, Song Yan said, "Go and find out what the identity of that American is and how Xia Lin met him."

Xia Lin followed Gavin to the campus of University F.

Gavin was also trustworthy. He called his buddy as soon as they arrived, saying that someone wanted to talk to him about Song Yan's team.

The three met in University F's school cafe. 

Gavin's buddy named Jaden was a standard otaku with dark curly hair and looked a bit Jewish.

When Jaden heard Xia Lin say that he wanted to know about Song Yan, he pulled out a long list from his mobile phone, including various official media reports about Song Yan, trail news, telephone interview recordings, team competition videos, etc., sorted by categories. 

It was so well organized and meticulous. It's not an exaggeration to say that he is Song Yan's diehard fan.

He is a master's degree student in the Physics Department. He talked about some simulation experiments of Song Yan's team like it's a treasure. However, the terminology of physics is too professional and Xia Lin is a little confused.

Gavin saw Xia Lin's dazedness and smiled: "Jaden is a technical house and his focus is not the same as ours. I admire Song Yan and I want to pay more attention to this legend."

Xia Lin really became interested. He heard Gavin continue to say: "Song Yan himself did not appear in the game six months ago. The last interviewees were also a few young people from their team. I also noticed that their team's centripetal force is very strong, their thinking is active, and their mobility is high. They'll think of anything and immediately put it into action."

"In the interview, they mentioned that their boss encourages them to actively innovate. As long as they have an idea, he will give the greatest support regardless of cost. They are not afraid of failure or loss because they will immediately be made known to the world once they succeed."

"This kind of radical scientific research style is something that all established teams can't even think about because they need to consider too many factors and the constraints are even greater. But young people like a team like Song Yan's very much. I believe many Song Yan fans are the same as me, they are impressed by his personal charm."

Xia Lin's heart was surging but at the same time, he was a little confused because the Song Yan in Gavin's mouth was far from the Song Yan he was familiar with.

He flipped through a few of them and found that among so many reports about Song Yan, there were only a few photos and they were all sitting on the sofa in a proper posture, giving people a very stereotyped impression.

"Is there no interview video?" Xia Lin asked casually.

Gavin sighed: "Song Yan is too low-key. All interviews about him are either written or recorded on the phone, with at most a few photos prepared in advance; and his team has participated in so many competitions and won so many honors. As a leader, he didn't even show up once, which is also very puzzling. In short, the more mysterious and low-key he is, the more people are curious about him."

"I have heard a gossip," Jaden said in a low voice, "According to employees of a company under Song Yan's name, their boss has inconvenient legs. Every time they attend a meeting, he'd sit in a wheelchair. Never saw him standing up. "

Xia Lin's eyebrows scrunched up. He then asked, "Was it like this before? Is it still like this now?"

Jaden was stunned. He didn't quite understand what Xia Lin meant. 

He shook his head and said, "I just heard. The employees of their company respect their boss and the boss intends to keep a low profile so they dare not talk about it. The boss's situation was told by the employee accidentally when he was drunk and he would not admit it when I asked him after he woke up."