Chapter 20: Luna?

Ethan's POV

It's been a week now since Aria got shot, and even though I didn't like it I have to manage my pack and get everything back in it's place. Yesterday, I did a small funeral for Aria's parents. I know that they harmed her but still, they are the reason why she is here in the first place, and I don't want Aria knowing that I dumped her parents bodies somewhere like they are some kind of rogues who trespassed in our territory. Even though they really did.

I am still waiting for Aria to wake up. The doctors said that she is stable now but it will take some time for her to wake up since she survived a life and death situation. I heard a knock on the door so I let them enter. I saw Mina and Josh with Lucy so I invited them to sit on the sofas here in Aria's hospital room. Since it is divided into two with the patient's room and a living room, I didn't bother talking to them here so as to not disturb Aria.

They always visit Aria and me to talk to me and bring me food while Josh reports to me the happenings in our pack. I let him manage the minor pack problems for a while because I want to see Aria wake up. But sometimes he needs my permission on certain things that why he comes here everyday to consult me with the major problems in our pack.

So far the members of my pack who died in the battle was honored and buried yesterday and I also attended their funeral since I am the Alpha. As for the corpses of the rogues, we burned them. While we buried the wolves from Aria's old pack together in a neutral territory.

"So how is she now? Did she wake up yet?" Josh asked pertaining to Aria

"She hasn't woke up until now but the doctors said she will wake up soon since her wounds are healing well." I answered

"I will check her for a while so continue what you two are talking about." Mina said grabbing Lucy hand signalling her to join.

"Oh! I will come with Mina. Good luck with your business" Lucy said then they entered the room where Aria is.

When we made sure that they already left and they fully closed the door, Josh started talking.

"I have a news for you. I have made preparation for the treaty between our pack and Blood Moon Pack. Right now their Beta stands as their leader since their Alpha is already dead, and his only possible successor is Aria since her brother died years ago" he explained

"So you want me to ask Aria when she woke up to be their new Luna then we can combine our packs?" I asked with uncertainty

"Technically, yes. That is the only way to make them under our rule. Maybe you can ask Aria about it and if she doesn't agree, I will find another way. But as of now, this is the only way" he added

"How can I ask her to be the leader of a pack who hates her to the bones. I don't want to risk her life again." I said

"I can be their Luna." someone said from behind, and I'm sure that it is my mate

"Aria, you're awake!" I exclaimed then I came running to her

"I missed you so much. I'm so worried about you." I said hugging her tightly

"Uh... Ethan... I can't breathe" she said weakly

"Oh! I'm sorry" I said then I immediately let her go. Then I guided her back to her bed and let her lay down again.

Lucy's POV

We entered Aria's room so that we can give Josh and my brother some space to talk about serious matters of our pack.

I am holding Aria's hand like I always do when I visit her and I said some encouraging words to wake her up. I miss her so much, her bubbly attitude, her playful ways of speaking to me and everything about her. I can't wait for her to wake up. It's been a week since she became in coma but for me it felt like months.

I am still thinking about our happy times when suddenly one of Aria's fingers moved so I quietly called Mina

"Her finger moved" I said to her with excitement.

She got her pen and did some tests to Aria's fingers and she responded to all of it. We looked at her for a few seconds then she slowly opened her eyes but closed them back again.

I noticed that she got blinded by the sunlight from the window so I immediately pulled the curtains down.

Aria's POV

I can feel that someone is pressing something in my fingers. And hell it hurts. But what hurts the most is my chest part and of course my whole body. It's like I haven't moved for centuries.

That's when I remembered what happened. Ethan fighting with warriors from my pack. My mom aiming her gun with silver bullets at my mate. And me jumping in front of him to save him from being shot. Then everything blacked out and I can't remember what happened next.

I adjusted my position in a more comfortable one then I asked, "What happened? Where am I? And where is Ethan? Is he safe?"

"Woah calm down you can ask him later. He is just talking with Josh about some matters" Mina explained

I can hear some vague words so I tried to stand up even though my body hurts like hell and my vision is still spinning.

Mina and Lucy helped me walk until we reached the door. I opened it a little so that I can clearly hear them. It seems that they are talking about my old pack. And Josh is suggesting that I became their Luna since I am the only rightful successor left to rule. At first I hesitated, but then I made up my mind so I said "I can be their Luna."

I can see the shock in Ethan's face when he saw that I'm awake.

"Aria, you're awake!" he exclaimed then he came running to me.

"I missed you so much. I'm so worried about you." he wisphered to my ear hugging me tightly, like I will disappear the moment he lets me go.

"Uh... Ethan... I can't breathe" I said weakly

"Oh! I'm sorry" he said, then he immediately let me go. Then he guided me back to my bed and let me lay down again.

********************

Author's Note

Thank you for reading this chapter. And now we are close to the ending of this story.

So I want to ask a question; what do you like for the ending? Aria and Ethan will have kids or they will happily govern both of their packs?

So please comment your answers so I can decide :)

Again Please vote and comment :)

Love yah all 💚💚💚