Chapter 18

Yeji skips towards the car and opens the door, cheerfully greeting Ryujin who’s sitting on the driver’s seat, playing a game on her phone.

“Hi!”

Ryujin turns her head and smiles back. “Hi. How was work?” she asks, setting the phone aside.

“It was oka-…” Yeji stops in her tracks when she sees the lone stem of pink rose on her seat. “What’s this?” she asks, picking the flower up before sitting down and closing the door.

“That’s a pink rose.”

“I know that but…” Yeji looks at Ryujin. “For me?”

Ryujin nods, grinning while trying hard not to blush.

“Aww…” Yeji giggled shyly and leans over to give Ryujin a quick thank you peck on the cheek. “You’re so sweet.”

“Is it too cheesy?”

“A little but I like it.” Yeji sniffs the flower then fastens her seatbelt when Ryujin starts driving. “Where did you get this?”

“At the butcher,” replies Ryujin, grinning.

“Don’t try to be a smartass, Ryujin. Now is not the time.”

Ryujin laughs at the abrupt change of tone from the person next to her. “So your scary side is slowly coming out, huh?”

“So are your cheesy and perverted sides.”

“I am not a pervert! You’re the one who insisted we shared a bed.”

Yeji just shrugs. “At least you admit that you’re cheesy. Where are we going for lunch? I’m starving.”

“You decide. I’m okay with anything.”

“How ‘bout Japanese? I’m craving unagi and there’s this restaurant that serves really good Japanese food.”

“Sure, just tell me how to get there.”

They’ve just arrived at the restaurant when Ryujin’s phone rings. She hands over the car keys to the valet and takes out her phone while following Yeji.

“Hello?”

“Unnie? Where are you?” asks Yuna.

“Somewhere in Cheongdam-dong. Why? What’s wrong?” Ryujin immediately grows alert when she notices the slight tremble in Yuna’s voice.

“I… that girl… she… she came to see me.”

“What?! When?”

Yeji turns around when she hears Ryujin’s voice and mouths ‘What’s wrong?’ to her but Ryujin just shakes her head, focusing on Yuna.

“Just now. She suddenly appeared out of nowhere.”

“Where are you?”

“I’m at a café near the university.”

“What did she say? Is she still there?”

“No she has left but… she said she wouldn’t change her mind and that she’s waiting until I’m ready to do this,” Yuna says. “She’s so pretty, Unnie. She’s an actress and I think she’s my age. It’s such a shame.”

Ryujin sighs. “I’ll come pick you up and we’ll talk about this.”

“You can’t. I still have one more class to teach.”

“What time are you done?”

“Around four.”

“I’ll come pick you up then.”