Chapter- 1 (Vol 4 Sports festival arc begins)

Sport's festival begins

Chapter- 1 (Ichinose's POV)

Summer break which was expected to be three weeks long turned out to be hiding two special exams within it. If we look at the combined result it won't be an exaggeration to say that our class was the one which grew the most if you look at points.

But as individuals? Concluding that isn't exactly the thing a student like me can do, but there is one student that is frantically trying to hinder the results of our class.

I have a solid idea who that might be but still I lack solid evidence to prove that fact.

It has been a long summer break but finally we are back in our classroom.

The school bell declared the beginning of our homeroom period, all the students sat on their seats quietly. This discipline was learned the hard way from the loss our class suffered in the first month.

Voice of the sliding door broke the silence and Chabashira-sensei walked in, carrying a bunch of papers with her.

Chabashira-sensei received perplexed looks from the students but it didn't look like she cared.

"Starting today, your regular classes will resume. However, in this month of September we will be holding more physical education classes to prepare for the sports festival. Your weekly schedule will change so please review them carefully each week, we will also provide material related to sports festival. Students seated in the front, please pass handouts to those behind you, and so on." she said while walking around elegantly giving students handouts regarding the festival.

The small sound of whispering between students shot up when they heard about the sports festival, Hirata who was sitting behind me raised his hand.

"Sensei, is this festival another of the special exams?" Hirata asked.

Special exams have always come to us in a surprising manner, rather at this point it would be a surprise if this festival wasn't one.

"You can interpret it however it suits you. In any case, this event will massively impact each and every class."

So according to her the sports festival has the impact similar to a special exam but isn't a special exam exactly.

I glanced to my back to find Horikita-san and Ayanokouji-kun discussing the handout.

I turned the pages of the handout, skimming through the general information I found myself on the page that stated the mechanism of this test.

"Some people have noticed this already, but for this year's festival, we're going to divide all the students across all grade levels into two groups and have them compete against each other. You in Class D are assigned to the Red Team. Class A is also assigned to the Red Team, so they will compete alongside you," explained Chabashira-sensei.

Classes B and C were assigned to the White Team. It would be Red versus White. A feeling of uneasiness welled up inside me considering the prospect of going against Ryuuen again.

                                                 Sports Festival Rules and Team Division

The sports festival divides all students, across all grade levels, into two teams: Red and White. The breakdown goes as follows: Classes A and D are on the Red Team, Classes B and C are on the White Team.

                             Point Allocation for All Competitors (Individual Competitions)

Points will be allocated as follows: first place will be awarded fifteen points, second place will be awarded twelve points, third place will be awarded ten points, and fourth place will be awarded eight points.