020

june 4th, 2026
5:19 pm

THE COUPLE HAD GOTTEN TO VIRGINIA BEACH last night and Kimberly's plan to force herself into Sunday's friend group was underway

Brandon's plan was to do any and everything that he could to get out of the mess that his fiancee had created.

Brandon sighed as he pressed the button to the lobby of the hotel, Kimberly right beside him.

"You know... I was thinking... Maybe I just drive back home." Brandon said.

"What? Why would you do that?" Kimberly asked as she turned to look at him, simultaneously positioning her aviator sunglasses on top of her yellow hair.

"Because I didn't wanna do this in the first place. This isn't gonna be fun for me." Brandon replied as the elevator began to descend.

"How can a weekend away not be fun for you?" Kimberly raised one eyebrow.

The elevator stopped at a floor but no one got in, leading Brandon to turn towards her, "Do you not get it? Why don't you get it?"

"God, get what Brandon? Get that you're allergic to fun?" Kimberly snapped at him as the two reached the expansive lobby that was furnished in a contemporary style.

"Get that I'm fucking stuck with my ex girlfriend for a weekend all because you couldn't control yourself." Brandon snapped back at her, "This is gonna be awkward for every one involved."

Kimberly blinked and then turned away, letting Brandon know that she was about to start crying, "Sorry that I just want some friends. This move has been hard for me, you know that. I know no one besides you and them."

Brandon heaved a deep sigh then glanced to his left to see Jeanette, Rafael and Sunday standing by a slightly rusted red sedan in the parking lot, all three in summer attire that exposed skin.

"But if you wanna go back then you should do that." Kimberly sniffled.

If it was one thing that Kimberly knew how to do, it was send Brandon on a guilt trip.

He sighed again, then rubbed his forehead, "I'll-I'll stay. Only to make sure you don't go overboard."

Kimberly smiled and wiped her eyes before leaning up on her toes to kiss Brandon on his cheek, "Thanks!"

Brandon shook his head at how fast her emotions had changed and then frowned before looking at her once more and putting his hand on her shoulder to keep her from leaving just yet, "Aye, um... Did your period come yet or no?"