Chapter Thirty Six - Tyson

Tyson ~

I paced the small hallway listening to Dane try to talk me off the ledge, but I didn't have ears to hear him. I needed to punish everyone responsible for hurting Kinsley and my bloodlust was overpowering.

My fists balled and flexed as I walked the hallway.

"You don't even know who to go after. Let your men work before you make moves." Dane tried to reason with me, but it was no use.

"I know exactly who to go after." I growled.

"Who?"

"Angelo...everyone else is secondary...he's behind it all."

Dane scoffed at me and shook his head.

"So you're going after Angelo tonight by yourself?" He asked as if he didn't think I would do it.

"Yes - he deserves to die for this." I snarled.

Dane pushed a frustrated hand through his hair and blocked my path.

"Don't you think that's exactly what he wants? Why else would he go after Kinsley? He's trying to bait us, man. He wants us to act on rage instead of logic so we'll come after him. Open your fucking eyes."

"My eyes are fucking open!" I yelled. "I can't unsee Kinsley's blood all over that fucking room!"

Dane retreated slightly and our argument was interrupted by Sergio.

"I got her all stitched up. Poor thing took quite a few from that knife, she's going to be okay. I gave her some pain meds and she's slowly coming to." Sergio said.

"Thank you." Dane responded as he rushed past Sergio into the room where Kinsley was starting to move and stir on the table.

She had bright white bandages that covered different parts of her hands, forearms and thighs. Her eyes were open and she tried to sit up and reach for Dane the second she saw him.

Dane helped her sit up and let her latch onto his neck, hugging him tightly. It wasn't until she saw me standing in the doorway that she extended one hand out to me, reaching for me from across the room with tears in her eyes.

She's reaching for me. She needs me. I can't leave.

I swallowed against the lump in my throat as I looked at her outstretched hand that was covered in dried blood before I moved toward her and dropped down beside her so she could wrap that small arm around my neck. With one arm around each of us, Kinsley trembled and held us there. I dropped my head down onto her shoulder and closed my eyes, knowing that this could have been so much worse if we had waited another five minutes to enter that room.

"Take me home." She whimpered against us.

I moved instantly at her words, scooping her small body into my arms to take her to the car with Dane trailing right behind us.

Leo sprang to action as soon as he saw us, rushing to open the car door before jogging around the SUV to the driver's seat.

Kinsley rode in my lap with her head on my chest which was exactly what I needed at the moment to ground me in the present and remind me that she was okay. Her breath fanned against my neck with every exhale and I kept one of my hands on her neck, pressing her against me so I could feel her life blood pulsing and thumping beneath my hand.

This can never happen again. I have to do something.

Once we reached the house, Dane rushed ahead of us and grabbed a change of clothes, meeting us in the bathroom that had the largest tub so we could wipe away the blood from Kinsley's skin. Her stitched wounds couldn't be submerged in water, so we decided to set her in the large soaking tub and wash her with wet towels instead.