40 || progress four

alexa, play cross my heart i hope u die by meg smith

DAY 40

Progress Report

Patient: James Buchanan Barnes

DOB: March 10, 1917

Therapy Session Notes

James continues to exhibit remarkable progress, even though there have been emotional setbacks due to the new information about Hydra. The session after finding out about the information wasn't exactly progressive, but his anger is still at bay.

Behavior

The patient has continued to keep his anger in control. Although he's been slightly closed off since receiving the bad news, he is still open to attempting to convey his feelings. James allowed me to read one of his journals.

Diagnoses

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with depressed mood - heightened due to recent events, but is to be expected.

Anxiety Disorder - accumulated from the stress of recent events.

Symptoms of Personality Disorder - due to patient's long history of not knowing who he is.

Treatment Plan

I recommend ending the outside trips until we acquire more information on Hydra's whereabouts, we want to eliminate the risk of exposure. The patient's eagerness to open up more with his journals whilst he feels like he can't open up during therapy could also be used as a form of treatment plan.

"How big of a setback are we talking?" Tony asked discreetly, his eyes flickering up to meet Amelia's after the three men in front of her finished reading over her progress report.

The way his hands retreated behind his back told Amelia that he was anxious about this news - hands had a way of telling someone all they needed to know about nervous body language. People tend to hide their hands when they're afraid or expressing reservations, whether it be placing them behind the torso or shoving them inside of pockets.

"Nothing out of the normal for this type of situation," Amelia explained coolly, her hands resting in front of her torso, barely intertwined with each other, to show a sign of peace. "He's still progressing, just with more worry than usual. But it is something he's working on, willingly."