Chapter 18

"give me a lick, or two."

_______________________________________

Alexander and my dad parked the cars in the underground garage of the Hilton hotel. I must admit this hotel was stunning. I was a little curious so I checked the prices on Google for the penthouse and I am not going to lie but you have to have money to afford this place and Alexander definitely has this money.

We walked inside of the hotel and everyone gave me weird looks. No shit! I am walking with three grown men. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Alexander waved to the receptionist and we all walked inside of the elevator. Me and Alexander stood behind my dad and Charles. They were talking about some sort of hard operation. Some other time I would be interested but right now I couldn't focus.

My hands were sweating, I was squirming in the place and trying to avoid Alexander's gaze. He was staring at me with a frown written all over his face. I don't even know why I am in the elevator full of men. I don't know why I agreed to go with them. I already saw his penthouse. I was thinking of all the possible ways I could go home. I could say my stomach hurts or my head or I could fake a phone call maybe.

'Don't be nervous,' Alexander whispered. My head turned to look at him. He had a comforting smile on his face. I smiled and I felt Alexander's hand on my lower back, caressing me.

'I am not nervous. I just want to go home' I said and crossed my arms on my chest. Then I looked away.

'When you say so' he said with a smirk. After a while the elevator rang and the door opened. We were finally up. My dad with Charles stepped up and me and Alexander shortly behind them.

'Alright, alright the first impression? How in the world can you afford this place?' my dad said and clapped his hands. Alexander smirked and then smiled at my dad.

'My dad borrowed me some money and then I paid him everything back. To the last penny' he said and my dad nodded his head.

'Yeah, better borrow money then take a loan. Wise thing you did' my dad said with a smile. I was just standing there, not knowing what to do or what to say.

'Should we start?' Charles said and everyone nodded. In the lobby there were two marble columns on each side. They were simple and pretty on the left side of the elevatore, there was a big plan. I am guessing Monstera or what my mom likes to call it Swiss cheese plant.

First we visited the kitchen. The kitchen counter was made of black marble and all items on it were grey or white. I was impressed by the collection of the knives Alexander has here. I didn't notice them the first time I was here. Kitchen robot, kettle, a beautiful white sink and the only black thing here was the coffee maker.

I looked at the kitchen island with amazement all over again because the wooden table with the little fishes was just spectacular. Every fish was a different colour, there were corals, algaes, starfishes, lots of rocks and sand. It was beautiful. On top there was a black marble bowl filled with green apples. On the counter there was a black flower pot and there was planted basil and thyme.

'Did you design this?' my dad asked and pointed to the island/table. Alexander smiled and nodded.

'Yes, yes I did' he said proudly and crossed his arms on his chest.

'Haven't you considered being an architect? Because this, this is amazing. I haven't seen a more beautiful table in my life' my dad said and raised his eyebrows.

'Thank you, Gabriel. I really appreciate it. And yes, I did. If being a gynecologist wouldn't work out I for sure would try being an architect' he said. I was quite impressed. Alexander is born talent. He can sing, play on guitar, he is a good gynecologist and he is good with his fingers.