Chapter 23 (House Of Memories)

AN: It is now Sunday! Y'all know what that means...

Interrogation Monday is coming soon! Or, is it?

Don't worry. I forgot, too. 💀 That's why I'm saying it on this chapter, because it just turned Sunday in the Narutoverse.

_______________/___/_________________////////

"Uncle Shishi, come play with us!" He heard little feet stomping on the ground, and everything felt cold and wet. He couldn't see anything.

"Maa-"

"-so demanding," Everything was so blurry. He could hardly make out any words.

"-not a weak old man!!" The voice was a little girls, very high pitched.

He heard a chuckle. It sounded deeper this time.

"-nice, seeing them have fun with someone."

The voice sounded like a woman's.

"-their father, you know..."

Huh?

Waking up drenched in sweat wasn't how Kakashi wanted to start his morning, but some things can't be helped, he supposed.

Sighing, he made his way to his bathroom, getting ready for a shower.

_______________/___/_________________////////

Kakashi sat on his couch, looking at an old picture.

'It's been a while since I looked at this...'

He closed his eye. 'She has his vulgar language, and his teasing antics. It would make sense if they were related...'

Kakashi kept staring at the picture. It was a picture of his old friend, who died an unfortunate death. He couldn't believe it was Itachi Uchiha who killed him, as his friend always seemed to have a trick up his sleeve, but it seems he was no match for the Uchiha prodigy.

'I don't get it. He told everybody who asked he didn't want kids. He wanted to take care of an orphanage, but he never did. He believed he would show bias and favoritism, which was not his forté considering his own father preferred his brother. He believed he would make a terrible father, so why...?' Kakashi thought long and hard.

'He stayed in the village for years, never going outside the village unless it was for a mission. Sid came from outside the village, so maybe it was on one of his missions? He never once looked worried or guilty about missing her childhood, though. Almost as if he didn't know, or didn't care.'

Kakashi leaned back, putting a hand on his head. "Maa, I may be reading way too much into this."

He opened his eye. "But..."

"I know you from somewhere."

'She laughed off my accusation...' He narrowed his eye.

"You don't know me, don't be silly."

"Then why are you so familiar?"

"Maybe because you're comparing me with someone else?"

"Hmm....no, a face doesn't come to mind."

'I lied back then to see if I really did know her.' He thought. 'And if she knew me.'

"Of course a bastard like him doesn't remember."

'A bastard like him...she's talking about me, isn't she? I don't even know her, though. Just because she looks similar to one of the little girls in my dreams doesn't mean anything. It could be a coincidence. Besides, I can't even make any actual faces out in my dreams, just blobs and blurs. She looks a little bit like Daiki, but people can look similar without being related.'