14. MUSCLE MEMORIES

2016 | AVENGERS COMPOUND — While the hot water of the shower rained down on the girl, she suddenly felt a sharp pain in the still visible wound on her side with her hand

2016 | AVENGERS COMPOUND — While the hot water of the shower rained down on the girl, she suddenly felt a sharp pain in the still visible wound on her side with her hand. Thanks to her healing abilities, her wounds are supposed to normally heal a lot faster than usual, but something was different this time...

With worried eyes she stared at the wound and let out a startled breath when she noticed blue-colored scales. She didn't understand, what was happening to her. The only thing she knew, was that it just felt awful.  It felt wrong. Like someone else's skin ... or rather something else.

With a racing heart she tried to banish the thought from her head and instead quickly got ready. She put on some shorts, a sports bra and a training jacket over it and finally stuck a bandage on the side so that she no longer had to watch her discovery. Out of sight, out of mind, she thought.

Her legs carried her towards the training room, where the Captain was already waiting for her. He decided to help her with today's defense training. The girl had already trained with Natasha a few times before to get some basic knowledge shown, and there were just techniques that Nat could show her better. Women had a completely different fighting style compared to men.

The training room was huge. There was a fighting area in the middle of the room and several pieces of equipment and devices were placed on the walls. When she entered the training room she found Steve already training with the punching bag and unconsciously stopped. He hit it hard with his clenched fists, while his breath could be heard softly. It was hard not to stare at him, she had to admit.

He stopped for a moment and then noticed his partner slowly approaching him."Hey." she greeted him shyly and smiled at Steve. Immediately he turned his attention to her and smiled back. It was like her smile was contagious.

"Ready for your training?" He asked. Nodding, she looked up at him and stood next to him. It had already been several days, but it still hurt very much to speak. "We'll just start. I want you to show me how good you can punch."  Steve explained, pointing to the boxing bag next to him.

But before she started, Steve quickly got some boxing tape to bandage Siren's hands. She stared at the tape in confusion and didn't know what it was for, which is why she curiously tilted her head to the right.