CHAPTER SIX

Two days pass by quickly and before I know it, I am bidding farewell to my husband. I am dreading the next few days without him. We're pretty much joined at the hip and as much as that could be annoying for some people, we actually enjoy each other's company.

I find it hard to let go of him as we embrace. Deeply inhaling his scent, I hold on to him as if my life depends on it. This of course makes him chuckle, "Baby I've got to go."

His words prompt me to slowly loosen my grip on him, "I wish you didn't have to go."

He sighs and places a kiss on my forehead before staring deeply into my eyes, "I know my love. I wish I didn't have to go too. I will be back soon I promise."

"Come back to me in one piece." I look up at his handsome face, before taking his hand and placing it on my belly, "We'll be waiting for you."

He leans down to kiss my lips tenderly, "I love you guys." my heart skips a bit when he refers to both me and the babies.

"We love you too. Now go before Carter gets more impatient."

Lex rolls his eyes, "It just had to be him flying the jet today. I really wish that Sawyer was not on vacation."

I giggle at his visible frustration. Carter and Lex like to get under each other's skin. Their friendship is really entertaining to watch.

"Speaking of vacations..." his voice cuts my giggles, "I need you to talk to Archibald for me."

My eyebrows rise questioningly, "Oh yeah?"

He nods, "Yes my love. He needs a break but the kid is too adamant on staying busy. You're the only person I trust with the task of helping him change his mind about taking a break, even if it's for a month or so."

Lex really cares for Archie's wellbeing, and I can second that besides himself as the chairman and CEO of his company, Archie is just as dedicated to Cain Enterprises. The man might as well be the glue that holds that company together.

"I'll try my best." I say to Lex not making any promises. Archie is as stubborn as a mule sometimes.

"Yo Hamilton, we gotta go!" Carter yells out.

Lex waves him off, "I love you Mrs. Cain."

"I love you more Mr. Cain."

He grins, "I highly doubt that."

Our lips meet in a deep, passion filled kiss. Heat rises from my cheeks as a soft moan escapes my lips. Lex swallows it up and I feel him smile right before we pull apart.

I wave at him as he walks off into the hangar. Turning on my heel, I head back to the car.

I slide into the driver's side with a huge smile on my face, that is until a voice interrupts my moment of happiness. "Y'all are so nasty."

My eyes widen, I have completely forgotten that Gigi drove with us and now she has witnessed the exchange between myself and my husband. Lex drove by the apartment to pick her up because he did not want me to drive all the way back to town alone.

He really is too sweet.

"Shut up." I mumble, the smile making its way back to my face.

She snickers, "Nah sweetie, that was something else."

I giggle as I pull out of the parking spot. Gigi continues to rile me up, "You guys are ridiculously hot together. Got me sweating up in this car like I was watching some soft-core porno."