2-♫-Pitter-Pat

♫-Chapter Two

            “Oh my God! My baby!” my mother wails, trying to get past the paramedic as another one tends over Carmina.

            Carmina sits groggily on the stretchers, fingering her temples.

            “Mam’ please. Your daughter just had a fainting spell, please calm down,” the poor paramedic pleads, trying to keep my mother from running over to Carmina.

            “Mom,” I mumble, gently tugging her back. She shoves me back, a wild look in her eyes.

            “Let. Me. see. My. Daughter,” my mom forces out through her clenched jaw. Predicting my mom’s future fury, the paramedic steps away.

            “Im ok- im ok- MOM!” Carmina screech out. My mother stops her fussing. “I just need space,” Carmina responds irritated.

            “Well mam’ we’re going to take her to the hospital and do some tests to make sure she’s ok, but as of right now, she’s perfectly fine,” the head paramedic reassures my mother.

            “Of course, Take her to the hospital,” my mother says frantically, climbing into the paramedic truck. “You just lay down baby,” my mother coos to Carmina. Carmina flops back with a groan and my father doesn’t look up from his iPhone as he settles himself into the truck.

            Just as I prepare myself to step into the truck, my mother closes the door shut with a glazed look to her eyes. She didn’t even see me as she did it.

            I didn’t even exist.

            The paramedic to the side comes over. “Do you want to ride with them?” he asks me. I stand in shock. I mean I know I wasn’t the most noticeable person, but I would expect that my mother would at least remember me.

            After waiting for an awkward moment, the paramedic clears his throat and I snap back to reality.

            “No, I’m fine,” I reassure him, swiftly walking away amidst all the chaos.

            The make-up crew, camera crew and hair crew all run around packing up their stuff, Carmina’s fainting spell already news to the paparazzi who wait outside.

            Walking in a daze, I make my way to the refreshment table where Lizzy stands crying.

            “Why are you crying?” I ask confused as she sobs wildly.

            It was almost comical- if you know, I wasn’t getting cried on or something.

            “Bec-wah-oh my gosh-wah-on no- ahh----“ she waves about frantically.

            “Lizzy,” I say firmly, clasping my hands on her shoulder.

            “I gave her milk!!!!” she sobs, pushing her face into her hands. My eyes widen in surprise as I notice the discarded milk carton resting in the trash.

            “Milk?” I ask, trying to follow her train of thought.

            Lizzy was allergic to Milk. But the only thing Lizzy consumed at the studio was Orange juice…

            “I put milk in her Orange juice,” Lizzy wails melodramatically.  

            Im so shocked I don’t even know what to do. I mean really, who puts milk in orange juice? How do I even respond to that?