Wattpad Original
There are 29 more free parts

blood

noun ~ the red liquid that circulates through the body via arteries and veins

I glanced at my clock to see it was seven o'clock so quickly began to get dressed for the long trek ahead. I knew to pack extra clothes in the small backpack I had been given. It had long elastic straps so it wouldn't break when I shifted forms. It was invented by a wolf from the New Moon pack of course; the innovators of all wolves.

I chose just leggings and a baggy shirt with some lightweight shoes. Today would be the longest I had trekked in wolf form. I had hunted sure, but never for longer than an hour or two. This trek was estimated to take eight hours, and that was without stopping for breaks.

I swallowed, everything in my bag double-checked as I stared at my parent's guest door. I knew I had to talk to my parents; they got in late last night and I gave them the grace of settling to bed before I spoke to them. I can't wait to hold them again, even if it was brief. I felt so many emotions but I knew I couldn't drop them all at once or I'd break down.

I sighed and began my way down the stairs. I was surprised when I saw Phoenix standing in the foyer, his back against the wall and arms crossed. His eyes snapped to me as I descended the final flight downstairs and I held his gaze steadily to not show myself up.

He smirked at me and pushed off the wall. "Hello again."

I smiled in return. "Hi."

He chuckled but walked beside me as we made our way to the kitchen. I wasn't sure I could eat-my nerves getting the better of me. I could feel the energy of every wolf in here; they were buzzing with the excitement of the adventure. But I felt scared, the haunting men there had scarred me.

A comforting hand met the small of my back and I turned to look up at Phoenix. He smiled and pulled my bag off of my shoulders to place it by the door. He pushed me through the groups of people to the breakfast area. Wolves were littering around and chatting, but all bowed in greeting when we came in.

"Alpha, Luna, nice to see you this morning."

I turned to the man in surprise as he raised his bowed head. He smiled at me in amusement but cast his gaze back to Phoenix behind me.

He chuckled. "Thank you, Noah."

Noah bowed his head again before walking off to the dining room. Phoenix began to sort his meal out as I made my way to one of the drink fridges in search of my orange juice. I was delightfully surprised when I found an entire shelf full of orange juice.

I felt the huge grin on my face as I made my ice orange juice, finishing it off with a straw because why not? As I began to drink I noticed Phoenix watching me with an amused smile.

I frowned at him, swallowing. "What?"

He chuckled and shook his head without a word. He gestured for me to follow him and I did so with hesitance, still not used to his outward affection. Once I reached him he fell into step behind me, his hands full of food and coffee.

As I entered the dining room a small hush fell over the room as people blinked up at us. I paused, unsure of what to do. I licked my dry lips, casting a glance at the forty or so wolves staring back at me.

"Morning." I greeted hesitantly.

A few broke out into smiles as a small chorus of 'Morning Luna' met my ears. I smiled shyly but made my way over to the table where Sean and Molly sat. I knew Phoenix was behind me the whole way, and as I sat next to Molly he took the chair opposite me next to Sean.

Molly glanced at him before turning to me with a massive grin. "Morning Luna."

I rolled my eyes, hyper-aware of Phoenix's eyes on us. "Morning sister."