40 - Play dirty

I opened my eyes slowly and looked around the room, realizing I wasn't as lucky as to find myself in Aiden's arms this time. I checked my phone from the nightstand, opening it after what felt like hours of ignoring it.

I remembered Aiden's comment to call him and to be honest I really wanted to hear his voice. I was glad he was being more open about how he felt with me and had restrained the mood swings, but the current situation wasn't letting me enjoy it.

I knew it was tough on his part since he had so many things to think about and figure out, and I was glad that he finally explained the situation to me, but I wish he could've done that earlier instead of toying with my feelings.

We lost so much time with this bullcrap that I was starting to wonder if he really does have feelings for her and doesn't want to admit it to himself or me. Maybe the whole thing is happening because he doesn't want to have to pick between me and her.

And if that was the case I knew for a fact I wasn't going to sit around and be the side chick, even though that role was already starting to get handed to me.

My hands hovered over his contact, I really wanted to have this conversation with him, but last night was so intense that I really couldn't handle to have to go through something like this again. 

I decided not to call him if he wants something he'll reach out, I just hope that comes quickly because I need my things back. 

My eyes fell on the calendar that was hang on my wall and it deemed on me that with everything that happened I had missed school. Great.  I opened Bailey's chat expecting a flood of messages as per usual. Instead, only one came in, but it was enough to bring me back to reality. 

Bailey:
Bryan was looking for you today, he seemed...angry? Call me when you get this, I'm sure we have a lot to talk about. 

I did just that, glad that I was talking to someone who wasn't Aiden, Cole or Bryan. We decided to meet at the usual diner and get some lunch, even though it wasn't noon anymore. I walked downstairs, glad to find the house empty. I didn't bother to think about where Cole had went, I didn't care anymore. 

I quickly called my mum to make sure grandma was alright, only to find out Jason was still at her place since she didn't have time to pick him up. With everything that had been happening, I hadn't realized how little I got to see him. I wanted to spend more time with him like I used to, I didn't want him to think I've completely disregarded him, the way I felt with mum.

I mentally noted to myself that we had to go out soon and do something together, you know snce we're the last bit of family that's left. 

I checked the time, realizing, it was time for me to get ready. I took a quick shower and left Arctic Monkeys playing in the backround, in an attempt to drown out the voices in the back of my head that were screaming for me to overanalyze everything. 

I got out of the shower feeling refreshed, and slipped on my clothes, ready to walk out when I heard a faint knocking sound. I went downstairs and checked the door, but no one was there, so I decided to let it go, grab my things and get going. I went back to my room and this time the knocking sound got louder. 

I frowned, looking around me. I think this is the part you see in movies when a bunch of nurses rush inside, get me dressed in that nice white robe and guide me back to the crazy house for hearing things. 

But I swear, I'm not crazy I could actually hear knocking.

That's exactly what a crazy person would say. 

Shut up, I said it's real.

A loud bang on my window took me out of the trance I was in. Running across the room, I opened the blinds, facing Aiden who was practically hanging from his window with a pebble in his hand.