seven.

𝐀 week, a week was all Soleil needed to get closer to the guy who's name she learned was Illyan

She got along well with him and seemed nice from the outside of it. They were 'close', but not close to the point were they had deep conversations.

They knew the basics about each other and that was about it. Soleil didn't want to open up yet because he was still a stranger, and she figured that it was the same for Illyan.

But of course, if they eventually kept talking. She won't have any other choice but to open up. Which she was scared to because she didn't want to open old wounds.

She was now going back to work after a week of being off and she couldn't feel better. She finally got back on track with her sleep schedule, and ate more.

But that didn't mean that she stopped overworking herself though, it was the total opposite. She thought that since she had more sleep, she could take more shifts.

Which is totally contradictory to what she is trying to do. She's trying to put her mental health first, but she doesn't understand that by overworking herself she'll never achieve that goal.

Soleil do not understand that she is in need of a well earned break.

As she was getting ready for work, she received a call already knowing that it was from Illyan. Soleil has customized ringtones for each of her parents, so that way she doesn't have to look at the caller ID when picking up the phone.

" Hi new friend" she greeted him, smiling in the camera.

" Hi Soleil" he chuckled. " You good?" he asked.

" I'm fine, how about you?" she questioned as she put on her earrings.

" I'm straight, preciate you fa' askin'," he nodded. " At what time you off?" he asked,laying back down and hissing.

" I'm off at 3, but I have another shift at 10. You okay Illyan?" she asked concerned once she saw him hissing.

" I'm straight mama" he responded. " Why you take two shifts?" he asked confused.

For the first time in a while, Soleil hesitated before answering him. Honestly, she didn't know herself why she worked this much. Actually, her money was sitting well in her bank account.

" I-I don't know" she frowned, bitting her nails, something she did a lot when nervous.

" Hey it's okay" he spoke reassuringly, " At what time you finish ya' second shift?" he then asked.

" At twelve, I'm only doing it because I'm getting paid double to work two hours" she answered as she sprayed some perfume on herself.