//The Sleepover (2)//

Omg. I'm sorry for the wait

ALSO I'M CRYING BC THE ABOVE FANART WAS DONE BY komodo6 AND I CAN'T AND I RLLY HOPE I DIDN'T GET THE USERNAME WRONG OR I'll CRY 

N E ways, it's been a while so I def recommend rereading the next chapter beforehand LOLOL HAVE FUN~~~

——-

It couldn't even be called sword-fighting. For Cozbi, it was practically a dance. A beautiful dance. Her transitions between attacks like a river, her movements as fluid as water.

The match was over as quickly as it started- although I'd like to think I put up a good fight. Cozbi leapt forward with a final thrust, and my blade was knocked clean out of my hands. I landed roughly on my tailbone in the field.

"Cozbi wins!" Aurelia announced.

"She lasted longer than I thought." Orion murmured, while Cozbi stepped forward, lending me her hand.

"You're pretty good!"

"Not good enough to last over a minute." I clicked my tongue, brushing off my robe.

"Well... against Cozbi, that's pretty impressive." Benny sighed, rubbing the back of their nape.

X let out a giggle, reminding me of her existence. "Alright, I've got a lot planned! Let's head back inside now!"

"Already?" My legs were trembling underneath me. It's to be expected- it's not like Sonju gave me any leeway in my training today, and I then proceeded to participate in two duels- short lived as they were.

"Of course! Now first, we create sweetened consumables!" X exclaimed.

"...treats?" Cozbi raised her eyebrows.

"Towards the place of cooking!"

"...A kitchen?"

"Yes! A kitchen! Let's go!"

Cozbi and I made eye contact for a moment before grinning in unison. "Let's go!"

---

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" X asked, nudging my arm as we stood outside the kitchen door. "If I remember correctly, your biggest weakness... is the kitchen."

I shrugged. "Ignoring that you've taken note of all my biggest weaknesses; I may burn water but I can make a mean cookie. I'm sure the others are fine, too-"

There was suddenly a crash from the kitchen, accompanied by Cozbi's yelling. "HAHAHAHH IT'S GROWINGG! GROW, MY CHILD!"

I sweatdropped.

"Are mortal sweets supposed to grow?" X asked.

I scratched my cheek. "I'm sure she's just exited about cupcakes rising in the oven..."

"IT'S ALIVEEEE MWAHAHAHAHAHAHH- WAIT WAIT DON'T KILL HIM AURELIA PUT DOWN THE KNIFE- AAAHHHHH MY BREAD CHILD AURELIAAA- what are you doing with the knife- put it down please oH SH*T HELP SOMEONE HELP Y/N HELP SHE'STRYINGTOKILLME-"

I flung open the door, expecting a kitchen, but was instead met with a battlefield. It was something like a food-fight, except Aurelia was the only one throwing food. And the food is actually butter knives thrown with bone-chilling accuracy while Cozbi runs about like a headless chicken.

"Uhm. I'm going to leave this one to you, Cozbi-"

"Oh, oh no you're not." A scary voice spoke from behind me, and I turned slowly to a seething Mujika. I swallowed hastily.