Chapter 9

It's morning
And now it's time for us to say goodbye
Goodbye baby
You're leaving me
I know you've got to hurry home to face your wife, wife

I would never want to hurt her, no, no, no
She would never understand
You belong to me for just one night
As we slept the night away

Kelly Price's version of As We Lay played in my head as I listened to the shower run in my connected bathroom.

It was 4 am and Jermaine had just awoken from his phone ringing. Erica was calling to see where he was. He instantly came up with the lie that he was working late and had fell asleep in his office.

Me personally,  I wouldn't believe it, but surprisingly Erica did.

'So this is how it feels to be the other woman.' I thought to myself.

I heard the water shut off and minutes later Jermaine stepped out of the bathroom with the clothes he had on the night before.

"So where do we go from here?" I asked without looking up at him, afraid of his answer.

"I guess we will just play it by ear. Just see what happens. You know, just go with the flow."

"Oh, ok." I responded. 

He leaned down and gave me a kiss. My eyes instantly closed as I took in his presence and the feel of his lips against mine.

I opened my eyes as he pulled away. "I guess I will see you later?" He said in more of a question sense.

I just nodded my head as I stood up and headed to the door to walk him out.

He opened the door and took one last look at me.

"You know I'm going to be there for you right?"

I mustered up a small smile and said yes. Truth is, I wasn't so sure.

He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss before he turned around and jogged to his car.

I closed the door behind him and stood there for a second. There was no way I would be going back to sleep anytime soon with everything on my mind so I decided to clean up.

I grabbed my phone and clicked on Pandora after I connected it to my sound system. Since Kelly Price was on my mind I went to her station.

Kelly Price's He Proposed blast through the speakers.

As I hummed the song I couldn't help but to think about my ex. Matt and I seemed so perfect together. I just don't understand how he could hurt me so bad.

I can't lie and say that I am all the way over it because that's not true at all. It still affects me in the worse way possible.

I haven't had a real relationship since I called off the wedding. I have barely had sex in the past 5 years.

And then here comes Jermaine to throw everything completely sideways.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling him.   Actually,  it more than just feeling him. I think I may be in love.

No, I couldn't possibly be in love with my sister's husband. Could I?

Authors Note: Short chapter but I wanted to update. How yall feel about April possibly being in love with her sister's husband. Crazy right?

Sorry for the mistakes I'm still doing this from my phone.

Temporary pics of April in the multimedia area. Can anybody tell me how to add more than one pic? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for reading.

Don't forget to COMMENT AND VOTE lovely people!