"Are you two dating?"

all of you stop reading my shitty ff right now and go enjoy inazuma <3

Where was Scaramouche?

Mona was waiting in the parking lot for him, clutching her bag so it didn't slip off her shoulder. Her ponytails flew around her face in the wind, making her cheeks red. Other students were leaving in their cars around her, yet Scaramouche was still absent.

"Looking for me?" Scaramouche asked from behind Mona, making her jump.

"You scared the shit out of me!" Mona cried, furrowing her eyebrows at him. She held on to the strap of her bag even tighter, the sight of Scaramouche making her stomach flutter. 

"That's too bad," Scaramouche said, walking her to his car. Before Scaramouche could open the car door for her, Mona opened it herself and sat down.

Scaramouche's car was, as expected, a sleek and polished sports car with expensive-looking leather and not a scratch on the paint. It smelled a little bit like Scaramouche in the interior, and it was incredibly clean, like Scaramouche never even touched the car. Scaramouche slid into the driver's seat and turned backwards to look out for anybody crossing the parking lot. Mona avoided looking at the sharp line his jaw cut against his neck, and she definitely avoided looking at his collarbone peeking out from underneath his shirt.

"So what's your plan to get my Astrology Club back open?" Mona asked, crossing her arms. She might as well get this over as fast as possible.

"Wait till we get to my house," Scaramouche hedged, waving a hand vaguely. Mona huffed, but didn't say anything else. 

---

"Sorry, it's a little messy," Scaramouche apologized, hanging up his bag on a stand near the door as they entered the house. 

"No, no it's cleaner than my house." Mona waved a hand. In all honesty, Scaramouche's house was exactly what Mona would have expected. It was clean, modern, and probably cost millions of Mora.

Mona held on to her bag nervously, clutching the strap and looking around. She didn't know what to do, where to sit, where to look. Mona hoped she didn't look like a complete idiot. 

"You sit here," Scaramouche grasped Mona's wrist lightly and led her to another room with a couch. Mona pulled her wrist away quickly, annoyed at the light tingles of electricity racing up her arm.

Mona put her bag down and took a deep breath, sitting down on the couch. Scaramouche joined her soon, sitting down and pulling out a notebook. Somewhere in the back of her head, Mona registered how close they were sitting, their thighs brushing. It felt like her entire body was completely aware of every point where they touched.

"So?" Mona asked, purposefully making her voice cold. "What idea did you have?" Scaramouche raised an eyebrow and a smirk.

"Patience." Scaramouche opened his notebook. "Everything boils down to money. Your astrology club didn't have enough money to stay open, so all the members left."

"Not all the members." Mona protested. "I'm still here, aren't I?"

"Of course, of course." Scaramouche said, as if he were placating a small child. Mona huffed indignantly. "Exception made for you. All the exceptions are made for you."

What? What was that last part? Whatever. Mona understood what Scaramouche was saying, even if she didn't like it. 

"Continue," Mona said imperiously. Scaramouche laughed a little, a sound that curled a thread low within Mona's stomach. 

"And Principal Paimon won't give you the funds to continue your club, so the best bet is to raise more money," Scaramouche finished, writing something down on his notebook. 

"How do you propose we do that? We can't all be endless sources of Mora like you, rich boy." Mona said. She had to admit, Scaramouche's idea held significance, even if Mona was unwilling to proceed with him. 

"I'm not an endless source of Mora," Scaramouche said. "My credit card maxes out at 3 million per purchase," Scaramouche teased, knowing full well that Mona could only dream of that much Mora.

"Whatever. Your idea would work, is what I'm saying," Mona conceded, ignoring the way Scaramouche's smile was aimed at her, his eyes sparkling unusually.

"Good. We could utilize the traditional ways of making money, and gain more members for your club while we're at it." Scaramouche made a note on his notepad, brushing his elbow against Mona in the process. Her cheeks heated, making Mona press her palms against her thighs.

"Like bake sales," Mona offered, excited to have her astrology club back. "Or car washes,"

"Exactly," Scaramouche said with finality, a smile on his face. He turned towards Mona, his ears slightly pink, a half-smile growing on his face. Mona could feel her own face blushing in response, and pulled on one ponytail nervously.

Scaramouche absently brushed one finger along Mona's leg, sending shivers up her spine. Mona's breathing hitched, coming shorter and shorter the longer Scaramouche watched her with that unflinching intensity. Mona's mouth parted, her head buzzing slightly as Scaramouche's eyes darted to her lips, tracing the lines. 

"What are you guys doing?" A voice called, breaking the moment. Mona pulled back, flushing pink. 

Childe was standing in the kitchen, his red hair sticking up messily. His soulless, lifeless eyes scanned Scaramouche and Mona, gauging the distance, or rather lack of distance, between them. 

Mona knew that Childe was one of the Fatui Harbingers as well, and he was probably even richer than Scaramouche. It was a surprise to see him in Scaramouche's house, but then again, the Harbingers probably shared property among themselves. 

"Ah, Mona." Childe picked up a glass and filled it water, before leaning against the counter and tipping it back. Mona stood there awkwardly while Scaramouche walked lazily to the kitchen. "I'm Tartaglia, number 11 of the Fatui Harbingers, their newest recruit. You can call me Childe, though."

"I know who you are," Mona said, her voice uncharacteristically small. She took a seat at the counter, draping her legs over one another. Mona didn't miss the way Scaramouche's eyes followed the line of her thighs, the skirt slipping up. 

"Hmm." Childe said, his eyes assessing Mona. "Are you two dating now?" He pointed between Mona and Scaramouche, a half-smirk on his face.

"Of course not!" Mona cried.

"No, it's not like that," Scaramouche added, flushing. Mona thought it was rather cute.

"Are you sure? Because you two looked pretty close on the couch 5 minutes ago," Childe added, raising his eyebrows conspiratorially at them.

Mona's phone buzzed. She suspected it was her parents, asking her to come home. When she looked up, Mona caught a glimpse of Scaramouche shooting a glare at Childe, who shrugged innocently in response.

"I, ah, have to go," Mona said. Standing up and grabbing her bag, Mona waved goodbye to Scaramouche, who lifted a hand, almost as if he didn't realize he was doing it.  "My house isn't too far from here. I can walk home,"

"Alright." Scaramouche said. "I need to stay here anyway, to have a talk with Childe," This last part he said through gritted teeth, making Mona think something was wrong.

"Okay!" Mona called. "Text me whenever, I guess,"

Leaving the house, Mona took a deep breath. In order to keep her Astrology Club open, and her grades up, she would have to focus. Not be distracted by some pretty boy with a smile that made Mona's insides twirl. 

Shaking her head, Mona left.