Chapter 61

The house was cold and soundless as Aurora walked.

The only sound echoing the dark halls of the manor was the click of her stilettos with each step she took.

She had asked all the death eaters to leave the premises making up a lie that made many of the guards blush a crimson red and scuttle away without question, to uncomfortable to further push the subject.

So now the house was empty except for Tom in the bedroom and Aurora walking the halls.

She let her hand rest on her swollen stomach as she walked rubbing it gently, as if it was a physical reminder of why she was doing of this, of why she had to do this.

She had made promises, promises to herself that she would not care for Tom again.

She broke that promise.

She promised Sirius that their friendship would always be honest and truthful.

Broken.

She promised Regulus she wouldnt put herself in imediate danger for the sake of pride.

Broken.

She promised her aunt she would never settle for average and to expect to be treated like a queen, well Tom may not be average but by no means did he treat her like royalty.

Broken.

It was a sad irony that the only promise she planned to keep was one that she made Tom.

"And I swear on my own life that I will never love you and I will get away from you even if that means my child never having a father"

The words she spat at him the first day he trapped her in this god forsaken house rang through her head like a bell causing her head to twinge in pain.

Unfortunately she could only keep half of that promise.

She tightened her grip on the door handle she was standing infront of so the cold brass bit into her skin till it fell like a dull ache.

She let go and clicked the lock closed with the key in her hand she had demanded from the house elves. One if the only times she had lost her patience with them, they still had a hard time accepting that she was the lady of this house now and had just as much power and authority over them as Tom. 

When she heard the satisfying click of the door she then repeated the process she was doing in each door and every window.

Lock charm, stinging curse, chained runes to ensure a simple alahmora wouldnt spring them open.

She repeated this process 14 more times as she circled the house making sure it was sealed shut.

Turning Tom's own home into a magnificent prison.

The house felt like a vision instead of a reality as she walked through it, she couldnt hear her footsteps or the ticking of the grandfather clock. The trees seemed to stay still outside the only thing that reminded her she was still a living person and not just a walking corpse was the fast pace her heart was beating at caged in her chest like a wild animal.

She came to the last door which was the front door that was to be left unlocked. She then with a deep breath she began to ascend up the stairs towards the master bedroom.

She dragged out the trip as long as possible perhaps it was a reflex to keep her body from potential harm, or maybe it was emotions acting like chains trying to pull her back from doing the opposite of what her heart wanted.

Aurora usually let her body be ruled by her heart, she wore her heart on her sleeve and proudly showed it off to the world. She never saw the point of hiding her emotions so she let them pour out of her when she wanted them too. But that didnt mean she was good at wording them.