PART 211-220💌

211.

Tae was was so excited. And the festival aura in the central is making him more excited.

Its been so many years since he’s been in an arcade, and he’ll love to see it again. Even if its a different era.

“Mr. Kim,” Jungkook called. “We can’t go out like this.”

Tae paused, looking at him in confusion. They’re in the middle of the way, it was loud and full of music — its a holiday eh?

“Huh?” He asked. Jungkook pointed at his clothes.

“It’s okay for you to roam around with that uniform since ur still a trainee,”

“But not for me, I’m wearing a Captain uniform. I have a position and I think that’ll sound disrespectful.”

He said, and Tae thought for a while. “Its okay! I’ll buy you some clothes. You can change in the rest rooms.”

Suddenly, a fuss caught their attention.

They immediately went in between the walls of the houses since it is where the fuss came from.

“Excuse me,” Jungkook said while diving in the crowd.

Once they got in, they saw a pregnant woman who is already in labor.

“Where’s the midwife?” A random person asked.

“She’s on her way, but I think it’ll take time for her to come here.”

The woman was crying in pain, and the women beside her were just trying to distract her on the pain.

Jungkook was hesitating, but he eventually spoke. “I’ll replace the midwife for now.”

People around them we’re shocked. They were whispering and kept making sounds.

For Tae, it was just normal for him to see soldiers voluntarily becoming midwives. But he forgot that he’s in 1894.

“Captain, are you sure about this?” He asked.

“Don’t worry, I studied primary health care, I know what I’m doing. Besides, the baby’s coming out soon.”

The woman cried in pain. Jungkook quickly positioned himself. “Breathe in, breathe out. Now push!”

The woman did as what she’s told, her face is already red in pain.

“Just a little more, you can do it!” Jungkook’s already holding the baby but it’s still not fully out.

It was a series of cries and shouts until they finally heard a baby’s cry.

The people around clapped and cheered, it was new for them to see a guy doing a midwife’s job.

And Tae on the other hand, felt like crying. Not just because of what Jungkook did but because of the new life that was introduced to the world.

The woman looks so tired and in pain but right after Jungkook handed him the baby in a blanket, she still got to smile.

And that’s where his heart ached.

He would never understand a mother’s love since he doesn’t remember being a newborn.

But seeing how the woman was crying in joy while caressing her baby was more than enough for him to understand.

A mother’s love indeed.

The midwife came and the only job she did was take care of the woman and the baby.