Chapter 3

Jaaliyahs pov

Spencer practically dragged Jaaliyah away. They were now sitting with Olivia when Layla came over.

"Sorry about Asher...I know he can come off" Layla said and Jaaliyah' cut her off

"As racist? Annoying? Obnoxious? Stereotypical?" Jaaliyah stopped when Spencer hit her head.

Asher may have been right about Jaaliyah but it's not about that. It's the principle of the situation. Asher had no idea who Jaaliyah was so he was asking that question based on stereotypes about people from the hood.

"I was just gonna say he's not that bad once you get to know him." Layla explained

"Yeah yeah whatever" Jaaliyah rolled her eyes and Spencer hit her again

"Hit me again and imma put a hole in you." I mushed his head

"You wouldn't do that cause you need me and I need you." Spencer said hugging her. She pretended to be disgusted even though she wasn't.

Jaaliyah wasn't big on love & affection but when it came to people she loved, she didn't mind. Sometimes she did but for the most part she allowed them to touch her.

"Yeah whatever, I just need my wifey." Jaaliyah winked at Olivia

"I think he's intimidated by you...I think they all are"

"Why...? We damn near poor. Barely got enough money to survive while y'all spend money on unnecessary shit." Jaaliyah said and Spencer hit her again. Spencer was never a fan of her blunt mouth.

"Im sick of yo shit" Jaaliyah said then punched Spencer in his chest and Layla laughed

"Look she finally laughed! I might like you Layla. Anyways I can tell y'all feeling each other so imma dip with my wifey to our next class. Spence I'll catch you on the field. Bye Mr.potato head and bye lay lay" Jaaliyah gave Layla a hug and walked off.

"Before you ask...She gives everyone she likes a nickname..." Spencer said and Layla laughed in return

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last period of the day

outfit

The drill team coaches asked Jaaliyah to do a routine to prove she was worthy of being on the team. Although everyone knew she was worthy, she still had to tryout like everyone else.

As she was about to do her routine the football team came out to watch me til i got done. Olivia had a free period so she also decided to come also.

Olivia was sitting right in front of Jaaliyah. She always loved to watch the younger girl perform. She seemed so happy and at peace while dancing