Chapter 15: Ablaze

You see Rengoku in front of you in a sunny day, he says some words but there's no sound emitting from him at all, he then smiles gently as if saying "It's alright"..

Then you suddenly wake up with a single tear running down your cheek and try to move until you see that you're full of bandages and casts on your leg and wrist. You now remember what happened that night. That's when Sumi was coming in and noticed that you had woken up and ran yelling at everyone to go get Shinobu.
You didn't have energy nor the power to say anything at the moment, you just looked at the world in a tone of Grey.

After a couple of minutes Shinobu came in and saw you there, just silently staring at the roof. She slowly approached and sat down next to you putting a hand softly on your chest. "How are you feeling..?" She silently asked. You just looked at her and let out a sigh "I.. I really don't know how to feel about it.. About everything." your voice was monotone as if you were dead in life. You looked at her simply defeated, "I can't even begin to imagine what you're feeling, let alone dreaming these past 3 days.." She said calmly. You were surprised that you had slept for so long. "I-I must get going. I have to give the obituary to the Rengoku household" You said with such a sad expression, especially since you were thinking of what the poor Senjuro would be thinking and feeling by now.

Shinobu looked at you directly in your eyes with such a sadness it made you feel as if you were about to cry. "(Y/n).. The kakushi have already given the news and the funeral has already taken place...". This gave you even greater pain since you weren't there for senjuro. All you could really do is lay down and wait for the pain to go.

You stayed silent for a second and looked at Shinobu "Could I be left alone for a moment..? Please" you said sadly. Despite not wanting to, she did as you said, "I'll be back later with some medication for the pain, alright?" she then closed the door slowly.

You really didn't know what to do, you viewed the window and could see the sunset, you wished to go outside but couldn't due to your broken leg. You of course felt lucky for being alive, especially after you fought Upper Moon 3. "Akaza.." you muttered as if his name was curse. Remembering the way he attacked would strike fear in your heart, it was vicious, violent but more terrifying than anything, it was perfect and precise. This fear only made you angrier the more you thought about it.

There was only one way to take this anger away: becoming strong enough to be able to defeat a Demon such as Akaza. "I won't let Akaza nor any other Demon take anyone else from me" you thought to yourself as you were feeling stronger mentally. Of course you were grieving but you wanted to get back to training as soon as you could

You were trying to find a way to get up despite the pain and injuries, at least to walk outside to the garden. In that exact moment Shinobu had come back only to find you trying to stand up. "WHAT Do you think you are doing?!" Immediately scolding you. You were actually surprised by the way she yelled at you. It was a serious and agitated tone of voice.

You immediately laid back down and just stared at her not knowing what to say. "I can't believe you actually wanted to move in your condition, what were you thinking?" She said in a more calming manner, more like her usual self. "...I, I actually thought I could train right now. I know it was foolish, but it at least helps me think about something else." You calmly responded. She just looked at you with incredible shock in her eyes. She didn't say anything, instead she firmly gripped your arm and pulled out a syringe just smiling as she usually does. She injected it in your arm which immediately made you feel more relaxed.

"I've given you a sedative for the pain, here also drink this. It'll help you recover sooner" She said as she handed you a warm cup of tea which smelled awful. Despite feeling relaxed you made a disgusted face. She looked at you once again with a cute smile, only that she was getting angry. "If you want to train soon you better drink that up and keep on sleeping" She said as she clapped her fingers together. After drinking it, you noticed it actually tasted pretty good, the only bad thing was its smell.