Chapter-1

"Are you coming to get coffee?"

I glance up at the cheery voice of my co-worker, Mellisa Court, flashing me a grin.

"Sorry, I can't leave my desk. I have too much left to do." I tell her, looking back at the report I was working on. "Mr Black wants it all done before he comes back." I point at the stack of files on my desk.

"You have time to squeeze in a short break." She looks at the files and then at me. She says it with enough confidence that I almost fall victim to her ploy. I know she doesn't want to spend the next fifteen minutes without me in the break room.

I shake my head. "He made it clear before he left for his meeting that I needed to get through all of that. I want to avoid angry Satan today."

"Don't worry girly, I'll bring your coffee to you." She says and leaves with a smile on her face.

An hour later, I close the last file on my desk, Mellisa surely brought my coffee, and I was thankful. I stretched on my chair, feeling good after finally being done with all the work. I can't wait to quit.

The ding of the private elevator that only he uses tells me that he is back. I sat straighter on my chair.

Perfection in a three-piece charcoal grey suit is headed my way. Did he get even better looking since he left the office this morning?

I shake my head because I'm blinded by how handsome he is. Focus Cel, he's your boss. He breezes past me, leaving a trail of expensive cologne in his wake.

"My office, now." He says. I grab my tablet and follow him. He sits on his chair which is comfortable as hell, I know this because I sat on it when he wasn't here.

"Hire a new receptionist and get me a coffee." He says while raking his fingers through his curls which were tamed until he decided to run his fingers through them, and I'm definitely not complaining.

By the look on his face, I can say that the meeting didn't go well.

I usually buy his coffee from the cafe down the road, and sometimes when I don't have time I prepare it myself. Right now, it's not the case but my feet are killing me. I walk into the break room, preparing his coffee. Caramel macchiato. That's what he drinks when I'm bringing him his coffee, it's black otherwise. Don't know the reason, never felt the need to ask.

I walk into his big-ass office, keeping his coffee on his desk. I have a bad habit of not knocking, I guess he knows by now judging by the way he doesn't yell at me for entering without permission or flinching. He's now resting his head on the back of the chair, eyes closed. He's beautiful. Like, model beautiful. His thick eyelashes rest on his cheeks.

"Stop staring." He says as if sensing my stare, not opening his eyes.

I clear my throat. "You've got a meeting with Mr Black Sr. in 10 minutes." I tell him.

"Cancel it."

"Wha- I can't." Is he serious?

"I'm going home." He picked up his cup and stood up. Is he seriously leaving right now? "Cancel it or deal with him." He says, taking a sip from his coffee.

"I..Are you serious?" I ask him.

"When have I ever joked with my employees?" And just like that, he left. I tried to follow him.

"Sir!" As usual, he ignored me and left. 10 minutes later, Pete Black was standing in my office.

"Good Afternoon Mr. Black." I greet him with a fake smile. I hate this asshole with my whole heart. No wonder why Chase doesn't want to talk to him.

"Where is he?" He ignored my greeting, and ask for him.

"Mr. Black isn't available today. I'm sure I cancelled the meeting 10 minutes ago." I look at him, with the smile still plastered on my face.

"Ask him to come back here and meet me." He grabbed my arm. I jerked back from his touch. See? Every time he visits, he gives me a reason to hate him more and more.

"I'd suggest you leave Mr. Black."

"Make sure he's present at the gala this Saturday. It's important for me." He spat and left.

Chase didn't go to the last two Galas Pete hosted, and he wasn't happy about it. Apparently, it was important for him to have his son there for his 'business.'

After the lunch break, He came back. Looking calm than before. He looked like he had a good nap, his hair gave it away or maybe a good fuck, I'm considering the former. I haven't seen him with a woman since I joined which was almost 2 years ago. Another thing, he hates being touched. He fired the VP because of the same reason. Maybe he has some fifty shades thing going on? No one knows.

Waiting for two minutes, I walked into his office. "Your father-" he cuts me off. "Don't refer to him as my father." Okay.

"Pete visited. He wants you at the gala this Saturday." I tell him.

"I'm not going. Anything else?" He asks.

"He said it's important.."

"To him." He finished.

"Yeah."

"That's all?" That was his way of nicely asking me to get out. "Yeah." And I left his office.