Chapter 34

Vince's POV

The man in front of me, I had everything I needed on him. From his family to his favorite color. I knew everything.

"Money." I spoke, my arms crossed over my chest as I eyed him down. "You need money."

He said nothing. He only glared at me with stone cold eyes. It was useless though. His fate was in my hands from now onwards and it would be in his best interest to comply with me.

"I don't need anything from you." He spat near my feet.

"Oh, but you do. You've got twins, right? One boy and one girl. You don't want them to be in the same business as you that's why you want to send them to college."

"How do yo-"

"And your son, he's got quite the brain doesn't he? You could send him to the ivy league schools. I can help you with that. I can help you get them both in the school and pay for all of it. They won't ever have to get into this business."

The man remained quiet. He was thinking over it. The cartel might be his family but nothing comes on top of blood relationships.

"He wants them to work not study." He muttered quietly. He was talking about Álvaro.

"Well, he's a pretty shit dude if you ask me. But after I get what I want you won't have to worry about him."

A deep sigh escaped his mouth. He was giving in.

"What do you want?" He finally asked me.

Dante dropped his knife on the table in the corner of the room. "é stato facile." (that was easy.)

"It's pretty obvious. Tell me where they are."

He cursed under his breath. "I don't know where they are."

"Then I guess your kids wo-"

"But I do know where they are not." He spoke quickly. I waited for him to speak on.

"The day they took her, they left the country. They are not in the states."

For a moment, my heart sank. If this man was speaking the truth then she was much farther than I thought.

"If not in the States then where? México?" Dante casually questioned him.

"I checked with the people there. They haven't heard from him there. I would know if he was there."

"That leaves us with 193 more countries. I'm afraid your answer is not good enough." I told him with a small disappointed shake of my head and then nodded towards Dante.

"Give me more. College is expensive. It needs to be a fair trade."

Sudden panic struck him as his eyes followed Dante's movements, the very heavy hammer that his hand was reaching out for.

"Uh..."

"Time's running out."

"I- I can tell you that he used a private jet. He always uses his jet to travel anywhere."

"What kind of jet? Tell me the exact model."

"Uh..." It seemed like his mind was running blank.

"I-I don't know the exact model-"

"Just TELL ME what you know." My voice grew louder as my patience weared thin.

"I-It's a big jet. Seats nearly t-twenty people? What was it called?" He pondered over it. My knuckles had turned white because of how hard I was clenching them. I needed to punch something. His face seemed very inviting.