Chapter 15

"Let's go in, everyone is excited to see you." My mother told me and headed inside the mansion. There were also a few family members in the household.

"By the way, where is John?" I asked my mother about my step-father.

"He will come back tomorrow, he would love to have dinner with three of us." my mother answered and I nodded then I turned my head and I saw my aunts.

"Auntie Alcina, Auntie Albina." I greeted my aunts who are twins they were the only ones in their generation who are unmarried but they are running their own successful business.

"Ah, Evelyn you have grown so much, almost to marriable age." My aunt Alcina noted.

"Probably you are not planning to stay single for long?"My aunt Albina joked and I didn't take a joke to heart since we would usually joke like that.

"Well Auntie Alcina and Albina, I don't think I will beat your record with my lifespan." I rebutted jokingly.

"Oi, still a comedian I see?"

"Learned from the best." I smiled at the sentence directed to Alcina and Albina since we would like to jokingly jab but at other times we would get along very long.

After I talked I caught up with Alcina and Albina I hear a familiar voice from my cousin.

"Cousin Evelyn!" my cousin Lila greeted me and hugged me. She was the same age as me, we would often attend the classes together and hang out.

"It's good to see you, Lila" I hugged her back.

"Finally I can show you cool places we can go to." Lila told me and I smiled. Honestly, I'm also excited about the new places that Lila mentioned in text messages.

After I spoke to Lila my mother wanted to show me where I will be staying.

"So mom I've heard you got another teaching license." My mother was a teacher in the pack before she had to leave and now she is teaching general material for children from the Valencia household.

Since she is teaching children in the household. My grandmother gives her an allowance that equals more than a teacher's paycheck and my grandmother sponsoring her courses so my mother would have a fresh knowledge. The best part is that she has a small classroom of four to ten children so can focus on each child.

While we are walking through the hallway I texted Kai that arrived safe and sound since he wanted me to text him when I arrive.

"Oh yes, Now I can help older children prepare for their first History and English exams." Then my mother stops and opens the door of the room I will be staying in.

I'm glad that my mother is doing better here. I'm just grateful that we've been accepted in here.

"This is where you will be staying." My mother told me.

The room was bigger than the room I was staying in the packhouse. My room looked like I was staying at an expensive hotel in Greece. The window has a view of the pools and then reaching the beautiful view of the downtown.

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. We will have lunch in twenty minutes so you should probably change your clothes and join." My mother informed me and she left my room once she helped to put my clothes in the closet.

It is one of the household's rules to dress neatly before breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I decided to wear a plain pink dress since it was made out of material that doesn't easily wrinkle. Then in my bag, I found jimmy choo white kitten heels.