5 :: release

5

It seems the Knights of Favonious has their hands tied with how often her friends have left Y/N hanging for another important meeting.

But surprisingly enough, Y/N was to attend one herself today.

The Acting Grand Master, Jean Gunnhildr, had sent Kaeya over to pick her up. It was strange enough that he knew where to look, considering she's only rented out the apartment for less than two hours. They silently passed multitudes of night-owl markets and made their way over to the HQ. Two guards salute their presence as they walked in, which Kaeya acknowledged them by nodding his head. Jean's office was behind one more door.

Everyone was sat around a meeting table, even the illustrious Albedo accompanied by his proclaimed student, Sucrose. Lisa stood by Jean's side.

"Sir Kaeya? Who have you brought here?" Jean asked.

Y/N began to panic. That con artist didn't bring her here on the word of Master Jean! He had his own ulterior moves for her. Was it for the sake of revenge for having Lumine stay out for such a long period of time? Or even worse, did he suspect anything strange about her origins? Y/N gulped.

"This is the lady Lumine and Amber were mentioning to us only a little bit ago. It would only be appropriate to have here here, especially with the issue we have at hand, right?" Kaeya said with a smirk.

"I-I suppose so." Jean complied. "I have heard promising news about you, Y/N."

Despite the compliment, Y/N wanted to roll up in a hole and die, but she instead sat down with everybody else, avoiding each of their gazes.

Jean started off with a sigh. "There's been signs of a disease spreading in Mondstadt's territory. Usually this is nothing of concern, but Albedo and Sucrose have ruled out the possibility that this disease is anything but harmless." She looked over to Y/N, her eyes with a determined glint. "You're a new vision user. A hydro vision at that. Can I trust that you remain this info confidential to the public?"

Y/N nodded with wide eyes. "I promise."

"Then we have an agreement."

Albedo raised his hand. "Other than this... unexpected arrival, was there something else that came up?"

"Unfortunately, we suspect the Fatui are behind this. There have been traces of Snezhnayan scent around these parts, thanks to Lisa's student, Razor."

Lisa glowed with pride at the mention of her disciple, despite the kid himself not present.

Jean continued. "The last thing we need on our plate right now are diplomatic issues with the Fatui. First and foremost, we find the source of this disease. Albedo will manufacture gadgets to assist us as we do."

With a couple more words, Jean adjourned the meeting, telling everyone to report back the moment they get a lead. But instead of letting Y/N go, she beckoned her over.