Chapter 45: Hostage

Josephines POV

Searching around the castle, my sweet child was no where to be found, where the heck could she be? Did someone take her? Was she kil- NO! 

No negative thoughts, No negative thoughts.

"Found her yet?" Felix asked me.

I shook me head

"I wish this era had tracking devices....or CCTV." I mumble

"You ask too much of this world." He shakes his head.

We start looking for Leslie is the south wing, hopefully to find her or at least something like a clue...but in the end, there was nothing.

All we did was bump into Edgar and Luke.

"Did you find anything?" they asked

I shake my head....where could she be. 

I realise that I'm starting to panic and that my heart was thumping extremely hard in my chest.

God bless my child, be safe Leslie...

"Your Majesty!"

3 knights of this kingdom come running towards us urgently.

"What is it? speak." Edgar said annoyed

"We saw someone who looks like the To be Empress..." Selina? who CARES! I WANT MY DAUGHTER!   ".....and she was with someone with blonde hair who was rather short."

My eyes widened.

"What?!" I said right after.

"Yes, someone short in her arms."

That Bitch......

"Where?" Edgar asked as if he was thinking exactly like me.

"near the west cliff."

My body in response to my anger started releasing a cold...icy aura causing the knights to back away.

"Someones going to pay." I turn my body and immediately step into my shadow to jump to the Cliff....unfortunately the cliff didn't have that many shadows so I teleported a bit further then right where I wanted. 

I started running upwards using my shadow and ice to push me upwards.

I swear to god, if that god damn Selina even damages a hair on my child I'm gonna rip her into shreds.

It took about 10 minutes to reach the top of the cliff....where I found Selina in a black dress facing the other side and has a string in her hand with is attached to the string binding teary Leslie.

"Leslie!" I called out getting closer to Selina. I created a dagger into my hand and put it to her neck right as she turned around.

"You.....You are in for Hell. Why take Leslie?"

The girl in front of me was calm....didn't flinch....didn't wine.

She's not the Selina that I know..

"Josephine....you think you have EVERYTHING, don't you."

I frowned "huh?"

"Yes, you have the,. you have a child, have a noble status everyone respects."

I don't get what she wants to say.

"Well guess what! They use to belong to me! Edgar, Luke, Alex and Lance! They used to be head over heels for me! even Felix! I was Empress! I was happy! I was the healer everyone loved! Then you came back! everything turned back and you took everything! Why did you turn back time!"

"How many times do I have to say I can't turn back time and I don't know what happened! Not the point, Give me back Leslie"

Selina looked down at Leslie and smirked.

"her?" She took a step back and picked up Leslie by the string and put a knife at her neck.

"mummy..." Leslie called out tearily.

"Leslie! Selina! what do you want!" I said desperately

"What I want? I want me life back....the one where the person everyone surrounded was me."

"Not a chance." A person suddenly appeared next to me with fluttering gold hair. "Give her here." Luke demanded

"You never talked to me like that..." Selina said with a pouting face. "You used to chase me around like a dog.....but now.....now you don't even look at me."

"You are the kings fiancee, I don't know what you expect from me but we can talk about it after you hand over the child..."

"Till the end you still are defending her. You used to crave for my love." She says lightly "But now that I'm willing to give it to you and not Edgar.....you aren't taking it....instead you're chasing her." Selina directed her attention to me.

"Now, I'm gonna make you PAY!" Her actions showed that she was going to use the knife on Leslie. As my heart was about to burst, I shouted on the top of my lungs.

"WAIT!" both people directed their attention to me but my attention was all on my daughter.

"I'll do anything....just let her go." I said carefully.

"Anything?" She asked.

This is the first time.....since my execution in my first life...Selina has every looked down on me.

"Ok. Both of you, put this on." from her pocket, she threw out 2 bracelets which had crests on them....magic restraints.

"You....what do you want." I frowned.

"just do it....or do you want your little child to die." He smiles.

I crouch down and pick up the bracket....so does Luke. The two of us put it on and look at her smiling at us with satisfaction.

"Hey!" Voiced from behind came through causing Selinas face to go slightly pale and Luke and I to turn our heads. Edgar and Lance was rushing towards this direction with 

Luke and I instantly look ate Selina. "give it up. You've lost." I said to her.

She was panting a bit from panic....but I should've known she wasn't like was she was before. "if I'm going down....Josephine....You're going down with me."

Instantly, She shook Leslie and....threw her off the cliff.

Without a moment of hesitation, I forget that I'm cuffed with magic restrainers and jump off the cliff to Leslie. I wrap my arms around her and burry her head in my chest.

I turned us around so my back s towards the ground so I can be a sort of impact taker for her. But to my surprise, Luke jumped down the cliff just as I did leaving Selina looking down at us in horror and being pulled back by soldiers who just arrived.

Luke wrapped his arm around the both of us, and just like I did, turned us so he's the one that's going to land first.

Jesus......we're going to die, Omg! Hopefully Leslie Survives....No! She has to survive!

End of chapter 45

Authors note: I'M BACK! Miss me? I know this chapter is short but it is what it is. Where I am, we're In lockdown....so I suppose I might update this again soon, But don't count on it.

Enjoy~~

Vote, Comment and Share!

Tuesday 20th July 2021

Sign: Tiggy