Vampire Queen

a/n: This is a big one, my children. Brace yourselves

---------

The announcement of names are being made, she can hear them from where she stands on the upper balcony. She stares down at the ballroom littered with royals, some of them stand while some sway to the music. She is glad no one can see her from where she peaks, the amount of attention will be too much for her at the moment.

She used to bask it in back in her kingdom, prepared with her head high in the sky. But with what happened after she was forcefully taken away, observing eyes and scandalous mouths are not what she wants on her. She never thought she will actually feel media shy. But guess everyone grows to be reserved and timid.

But it won't last long. She has to come out of her shell. They are going to call her name soon and she has break through and put a smile on her face for the royals. After all some of them think she is dead, but what better way to give them a little wake of surprise then a dimpled smirk as she walks down the stairs.

Okay, maybe the old Y/n is still there somewhere. Cause now, excitement is starting to grip her bones. She almost laughs into her hand like a villainous child, but the pain that suddenly tweaks her lower abdomen drags her down the ground. Oh for the love of God..

Of course, would it even be a woman if her monthly menstrual did not knock on her door during special occasions? Never say never.

She puffs out a breath, fingers dipping into the soft locks of her hair to shake them and spray them over her shoulders like a silk curtain. If she can survive them during the unhygienic times on the ship, then she can survive through them with a tight dress and hundreds of eyes on her.

She can do it..

Maybe...

"Now announcing a special guest, the daughter of former King Yoon of Joseon Korea, Queen Yoon Y/n."

She is pulled out of her deep train of thought when she hears the booming call of her name. She straightens up immediately, pulling back from the balcony before the once below start looking up, awaiting her arrival that was announced in a bit more special way. She flushes.

Who even wrote that?

She takes a deep breath to calm her wavering nerves and adjusts her dress for the last time, before walking towards the stairs. Here goes everything she has.

You are a queen, a charming beauty. Show them what you got.

Her shoulders ease on their own and her head tilt high as she moves to come visible to the eyes staring up at her. Her ears perk up at the sounds of aww's and gasps that diffuse the entire room. She hides a smile and keeps her facial expressions blank, a show of disinterest that everyone finds attractive.

She is a professional when it comes to that.

She starts to amble down the stares, heals clicking and creating a pleasant sound as her leg peak once in a while from the slit down her dress. She knows she looks alluring, Yuna did an amazing job to bring out her features. And the reactions gives it away.

A smirk lit up her features. She has not felt on top of the world for a long time. And this is all worth it.

In the last few steps, her eyes finally lands on the man who stands before her, smiling up at her with eyes filled with fascination. He saw her before but it is almost like he is looking at her for the first time.

Her cheeks flush a pretty pink without him even trying. He has this much affect on her.

He raise his arm up to present his hand as a bed for her palm. She rests her hand in his gracefully, a smile welcoming her face. The eyes of love that stares at each other, the touch so gentle that all the couples shy away.