The dinner

I cleaned the sweat on my forehead and looked at the masterpiece I have created.

Smiling to myself.

Great work Ezra! You are the best cook in the world! I am telling you.

Patting my back in acknowledgement,I cover it and remove my apron.
Going towards the sink and washing my hands.

Looking up I see it was 6:10 already and I try hurrying up. I still have to prepare tomorrow's lecture for the kids.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear heavy footsteps approaching.
Thinking it to be Ben or Neil,I ignore it till I hear his voice.

"What do you mean she left on a leave? It's her fucki** job! Call her back from her vacation!"

He sounded angry and I didn't dared to look back and see him.
His voice was coming closer and I feel that tingles to erupt in my belly.

"Whatsoever may the reason be Evan. These are just excuses. I don't pay you guys to leave your work and go on vacations. Tell her to report back or she is fired."

Fired? He was firing an employee just because she is on a leave.
To harsh I would say,maybe it was urgent.

He is just like those rude angry arrogant bosses then?

Staring at my hands under the tap water,I see them to be already clean and my fingers were pruney now.

I was pretending so I don't have to meet him.

To just buy some time for him to ignore me, do his business in the kitchen and leave.

However,only when I heard his voice just behind me did I freeze.
He was too close,what is he doing?

"Yes and mail me the NK enterprises contract.See that the new clause has been altered."

I see him opening the cupboard above my head and I understood.
The glasses..they are kept here.

He was trying to get a glass.

But he was too close,damn his arm was just next to my cheek and I can feel his body heat behind me.
Freeze... don't move.
Just freeze!

I don't want a cliche movie scene to happen ,where I turn around and our nose almost touches.
Our eyes link and we fall in love.

What bullshit! It only happen in movies.

My eyes were lowered while his presence remains.
Just hurry up! Why is he taking so much time!

"Yes. The second  one regarding clausula rebus sic stantibus. See that the circumstances have been mentioned "

I see the glasses lined up in the further corner and he presses himself more closer,to finally reach it.
I heave a sigh of relief as his fingers touch the glass and he lowers his hand.

Few seconds more. Just hold on.

But when I thought he will move back,I felt his breath near my ear and I freeze.

"The water is running .Stop wasting it."

His tone, I couldn't understand if he was serious or mocking me.
Did he cared about the water bill? Is it why he is saying that to me or maybe he cared about water conservation?

I look down to see I was holding the shelf and my hands were no longer under the tap.
Too anxious to say anything,I hurriedly moved it's knob to only see it stuck and the water flow increased instead.

Not now! Not now!

The knob has to be checked. Earlier also it got stuck and mom called the plumber but he was not here yet.