Prologue

Apricity (noun): the warmth of the sun during winter

~~~~~~~~~~

For Natalia Romanova it was a shock to come back pregnat from her mission. Not only should have her
"Graduation Ceremony " prevented such a thing, but this child she carried in her womb was Tony Stark's daughter. She couldn't think of her daughter having the same faith as herself so she just left her little girl with a short note at her father's doorsteps.

Madame B was more than furious to find out ,her best Black Widow got herself pregnant an even gave the child away. But soon she saw Stark's child as the carrier of her mothers legacy. A treasure to the Red Room.

12th September 2000; Malibu

It was still outside the Stark Mansion. The only things you could hear were giggles from inside the house and the crashing of the waves on the beach. For the father-daughter duo it was a normal evening with them playing hide and seek. Little did they know this night would change their lifes forever.

Tony Stark chased after his barely three years old daughter Svetlana, or like he liked calling her Laney, through the whole house. Laney was giggling all the time, while her father pretended to be to slow for his little girl. Tony knew that Laney had long ago figured out that he actually could catch her within a second, because of the "Stark-smarts" .Like father like daughter. But such moments were the ones they both valued the most.

Suddenly Laney felt a slight movement behind her, as she hid behind the couch to escape her father. Two strong arms wrapped securely around her small waist and swung her in the air.

"I got you" Tony exclaimed.

Laney just responded with a startled  shriek and immediately started laughing.

"Let me go daddy!!" she giggled while beeing swung around in her fathers arms.

"Nope, it's past your bedtime young lady ,we two are marching right away to your room. What do you think Pepper will do, when she finds out you didn't were in bed by 08.00 pm, hm?"

"But I don't want to go to bed daddy, I'm a genius and you know, intelligent people go to bed late, live in chaos and swear a lot. I think the claim suits us well" retored a now yawning Laney.

"C'mon squirt, I'll maybe let you build something tomorrow in the workshop if you'll come with me now and definetly forget the part about people swearing. God knows what Pepper would have done if she heard yor comment." Tony tried to convince his daughter while mumbling to himself .

"Okay, but I'll get to build something cool tomorrow ,right ?" she asked sleepily.
"Pinky promise Laney. Now c'mon sleepyhead I'llget you to bed now." Tony carried her to her Room upstairs and tucked the half sleeping girl in.

He was just about to walk to the door when his daughter mumbled "Daddy? I love you 3000." 

" Wow thats a lot love to give squirt. But I love you 3000, too."  She just hummed in response and let her dad step out of her room, still smiling.

Later that night Laney stirred awake. The three year old didn't know what waked her up, but this feeling of not knowing prevented her to go back to sleep. Suddenly there was a movement at the balcony door which got her curious, standing up from the safety her bed was giving her ,the girl slowly crept towards the closed balcony door. All of sudden the girl got grabed by two muscular arms, lifted up and got a cloth soaked in chloroform pressed in front of her mouth, whereupon she passed out immediately.

For Tony Stark this night was the most painful memory he ever remembered, finding his little girl's bed empty and not finding a trace who might have her. After months of search the officials declared case "Svetlana Stark" as closed not having hope of finding her and even declared her dead. But Tony swore he'll not rest untli he found his daughter, because deep down he knew that his little princess is still alive.

After beeing unconscious for 24 hours Laney stirred awake sitting in an uncomfortable chair in a dark room. When her eyes adjusted to the dim light an older woman stept in the room. Her greyish hair pulled in a tight bun and her face masked with a stern and piercing stare. After three minutes of complete silence the  woman said two sentences Laney would never forget in her life .                                                                                                                                                                           

" YA madam B. Dobro pozhalovat'v krasnuyu komnatu Svetlana Romanova."                                        

"I am Madame B. Welcome to the Red Room Svetlana Romanova."