Chapter 72

"Uh… H-Hames…" I sat up straight, taking the phone from him. "Where did you see this from?"

"That's not important, just tell me what it's all about." The way his face had twisted into a dangerous frown was making my heart race faster.

"Uh… it's nothing important, can you just ignore it?"

"Ignore it? Ignore the fact that someone just sent a picture of you, my wife, kissing fucking Tyler?"

"That wasn't my fault. I gave him a hard slap that day."

"Then this should be another day," He yanked the phone out of my hand, clicking on another photo where Tyler and I were sitting on a bench, with my head on his chest and his arms around me. There was another photo of him placing a kiss on my forehead and many other photos of Tyler and I in other positions that might've been considered romantic.

"Who on Earth could have taken these photos?" I trembled, my head had started to throb. I thought it was all in the past and neither of us were going to see this anymore.

"I don't know, Imogen!" He barked. "All I need is an answer from you, what is this?"

"Listen, Hames… I… it… firstly, it… it was… I can explain… I…" oh no, why was I stammering?

"Don't stutter, tell me what's going on!" He angrily rose to his feet. "Why were you kissing Tyler? Why? What happened? When? Why were you with him?"

I tried to speak but my voice was stuck somewhere beneath my gut, I was thinking of how to put everything into one place.

"Is it after our marriage?" He asked and I nodded, resulting in a thundering growl from him. "Imogen," he was raising his voice and moving closer to me.

I turned my face away with my hands lifted as he raised his hand. I thought he was going to hit me but he instead raked his hair with his fingers.

My entire body was vibrating, my breath was experiencing a quivering effect and my hands were mostly doing the trembling.

"Imogen," he called in a gentle tone, sitting beside me and holding my hands. "My love, I'm sorry for yelling at you. You shouldn't be so scared in your condition." His face posed a hint of guilt. "Listen, my sweetheart, I promise you that I trust you and you know I can't bear to be mad at you. All I need is your explanation. I'm not mad at you. I trust you with my whole life, I know you didn't and can't cheat on me, right?"

I nodded.

"I'm mad at Tyler. I know this has something to do with him. He has feelings for you and he doesn't care that you're married to me. Did he force you? Did he hurt you? Did he threaten you? Please tell me!" His face became stern again.

I was still trembling from how scary he looked.

"Calm down. Do you need water?" He reached for the jug on the nightstand and poured me a glass of water. "Here, have this." He brushed my hair with his fingers.

I was relieved now but my hands hadn't stopped trembling so hele the glass of water for me while I drank it.

"Please give me an explanation," he gently rubbed my back.

After taking a few breaths, I was finally able to speak properly again. "Firstly, it was a month after you were in Dubai. I went on a walk and was missing you then he asked if we could go for lunch. I agreed because I was very hungry, convincing myself that it was not a date, just as friends—"

"That manwhore doesn't deserve to be anyone's friend, especially not someone as important and elegant as you." He returned the glass to the nightstand, clenching his fists.