Chapter 73

"Can we just get going already?" Hames groaned, adjusting his tie. "I'll be late for work."

"I know, but I can't find my wedding ring." I said, raising a pillow from the bed.

"You can look for it later. Right now, we have to leave early so I don't miss my meeting."

"If you're really so eager to go for your dumb meeting, you can leave. I'll find my ring then go with Faith."

"It's just a ring, I'll buy you a new one." He rolled his eyes.

"Just a ring," I scoffed. "I can't believe you're giving such low importance to our wedding ring, the symbol of our wedding vows. I'll buy another one? That's insane, how will it be the same as the original wedding ring?" I continued lifting the pillows from the bed, throwing them across the room.

"Ouch, Imogen." He complained angrily, gaining my attention. "What's it with you? You just threw that pillow at me." He grumbled.

"Well, I'm sorry, okay?" I started checking the bedside table again.

"Let's get going, please." He grumbled then started muttering to himself.

"I already asked you to leave if you don't want to wait till I find the ring."

"You know I can't leave." He frowned.

"Why not?"

"I promised to put family first before work and if we're supposed to go to the store to buy stuff for our Tristan then we have to go together." He folded his arms across his chest.

"That would've made sense if you weren't acting so grumpy." I sauntered to him. "What's wrong with you? Why are you this way? I strongly believe that you're still mad at me over that image of Tyler." I pouted.

"No, not at all. I already said I'm not mad at you."

"Then why are you venting your anger out on me? You even made our wedding ring so valueless. Oh, it's just a ring." I repeated his words with my upper lips glued to my nose to sound annoying.

He chuckled. "I didn't intend to hurt you. I simply meant that you shouldn't stress yourself out over the ring, you're pregnant, and we can buy a new one if you want."

"I know this has something to do with that crazy Amanda, she must have it."

"Why do you always suspect her for everything bad that happens?" He rolled his eyes again, turned around and picked his phone, confirming my doubt that he was still mad at me.

"Hames, I really don't like this." My eyebrows creased. "I said I'm sorry, stop being so mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you. It's just work-related; a stupid competitor is trying to frustrate HamIX International." He frowned harder.

"Why am I unable to believe that? You're clearly still mad at me."

"What should I do to make you believe that I'm not mad at you at all. How can I possibly be?"

"Then fulfil my desires," I smirked, holding his shoulders and traced my finger down to this tie, slowly dragging it down.

"No, bae, it was so hard for me to wear that tie."

"And it's so hard for me to be at peace when you're this way." I got rid of the tie from around his neck.

"I already said I'm not mad at you."

"Then prove it." I started unbuttoning his shirt.

"Gosh, Imogen, why are you so stubborn?"

"I'm not being stubborn." I took his shirt off completely, running my hands along his chest in slow motion.