Love [5]

It was minutes before afternoon arrived when Xiao finally woke up. He realised something was missing, it was Venti. He sit up and looked left to right to see no Venti to be seen. He was confused because Venti was not the type where he would just leave without saying anything. The fire was out and the bowl filled with Almond Tofu was empty. He stood up and walked his way to Mondstadt, thinking he might be there somehow atleast. 

Venti was talking with Jean in her office about some things. Jean did too asked Venti where he was but Venti simply replied with some where. Jean was worried about him last night but atleast he's save. 

Xiao arrived infront of Jean office and he lightly knocked on the door. 

"Yes who is that?" Jean asked as she brought her attention to the door.

"Xiao" when Venti heard that, he made a suprise face and started to panic. Jean noticed the expression he was doing so she lifted her eyebrows slightly in a confused manner. 

"Let me hide under your table please..." Jean was not sure what he meant by that. Aren't they close friends, Jean thought to herself. But she allowed Venti to hide under her table anyways. Just in time before Xiao entered the room, Venti was already under Jean's table. 

"Where is Venti" Xiao asked calmly. Venti obviously heard that so he hit Jean's knee using his elbow. Jean got what he meant so she acted clueless about where was Venti

"Ah, i'm not sure actually..." 

"That's very unusual of you, but okay. Bye" Xiao said as he leave the room. Jean pushed her chair back and looked down to see Venti hugging his knees and burrying his face in it. 

"Why.." Jean said hesistantly when she suddenly heard soft sobs coming from him

"I can't love him back.." Venti said as the sobs grew more intense and intense. Jean got out from her chair and kneeled infront of Venti who obviously needed some comfort. 

"Do you mind explaining everything to me?"
When Venti finally calmed down, he slowly explained the situation with Jean.

Jean was one of the best listener Venti knows. Despite her work overload, she's always there ready to be a listening ear. Venti looked up to her despite him being the one Jean should be looking up to. To Venti, Jean is like a mother figure. She's always caring for him and he so honoured to get someone like her.

Tears trickle down his chubby cheeks as he explain everything. Why was it hurting him so much? Was it because of regret, regret not telling him how he really felt. Or was it the fact he can't love back since he's God.

"Venti.." Jean could not do anything really. Since she's not the one handling or going through this. Must be tough being God.

"Is fine Jean.. I'm fine for now. I'll try my best to forget about him that's all!" he lied through his teeth. Xiao was his first love, what was he talking about when he meant he was going to forget about it. What a lie.

**

"Hey, Venti free?" Xiao asked again, Jean only looked and sighed before she said a word.

*

"Jean, can you tell Xiao, I'm not meeting him anymore?" Jean was confused with the statement made. Xiao and Venti were really close friends. Jean liked seeing Venti enjoyed his time with Xiao. Why?

"Why Venti? You see fine with him? No?" Venti looked at her without saying anything. The silence and broken when someone knocked on the door. Venti looked back, afraid it might be Xiao. Before he could hide Xiao entered the room without any warning. He startled when he saw the boy he love infront of him. After such a long time.

"Venti!" Xiao yelled a little because of how excited he was to see Venti. Xiao day became all better by just seeing him.

Just him.

He loved everything about him. Venti laughter was like music to his ears, he would do anything to make Venti smile. He loves Venti so much expressing it to word was a challenge for him. He just see Venti as, perfection.

Xiao walked quickly to Venti and grasp onto his hand.

"Venti. You okay?" Venti did not want to face Xiao. Facing Xiao after what ever happened under tree was something he could not do. He was not sure what feeling was it. Was it dissapointment or regret.

"Yea is just that I'm not free to hang out.."Venti lying, obviously. He was the most free-less person.

"What is it Venti? I can help. As long we are together is fine" Xiao just wanted to spend time with him. What was so hard about that, he thought. Tears already at the brim of Venti eyes, he used his Anemo powers and dissapeared in thin air.

Xiao looked down at his hand to realised he was gone. He glanced at Jean to see her looking on the floor, not really trying to pay attention to what was happening. Jean looked back up and sighed.

"You heard it from him, not me" that was the only sentence Jean can form without feeling sad for Xiao.

Venti..

**

"Is Venti free?"

The only word Jean hears from Xiao everyday.

She could not help Xiao at all. It was Venti decision anyways. He was the one who decided not to meet up with Xiao anymore.

Every time, not missing a day, Xiao with a thread of hope, hoping Venti can finally hang out and spend time with him. Goes on until Monstadt turned into a modern city, until Jean retired, a new person was taking over the Knight of Favonious.

He never gave up.

From Days to weeks

From weeks to months

From months to years

Just to wait for his lover to come back to his arms.

So many things left to say that he has not said. Like "You look good today", "I want to kiss you", "Let's go romancing" "Let us hold hands for eternity"

But he never came back.

***

(idk maybe next chap u will need to prepare some tissue?? IDK LOL but I'm so sorry for the delay of this story. like jeez fuck art. okay anyway byee)