Chapter 76

I rushed beside Faith's stretcher as she was being pushed. She was coughing out blood and it was evident in her eyes that she was struggling to breathe, struggling for life. I was still able to run beside her stretcher till the door to the emergency room was opened and I wasn't permitted to go in.
"Faith, please God save her. She can't die."  I prayed. My entire body was vibrating and my head was pounding. 
Who could've wanted to kill me? The crazy person in the balaclava, who the heck was it? Faith just saved me. I prayed she survived, she couldn't die this way. "She's also pregnant, two lives can't just go like that." I was very sweaty and more than scared right now. 
After a few minutes of me pacing around the door of her emergency room, Hames came running towards me. 
"Imogen, what's wrong? What happened?" He held my hands. 
I was finally able to cry, letting my eyes leak its litres of liquid. "Faith… we were taking a stroll when we started hearing gunshots. We tried to run but Faith took a bullet for my sake and now…" I sobbed. 
"She'll be fine." He pulled me into a hug. "Please have a seat, I'll get water."
"How can I sit when her life's in danger and it's because of me." Remembering she had mentioned that she was pregnant made me emit a wail. "Oh my gosh, and she's pregnant." 
"Imogen, you need to calm down." He held my shoulders and led me to sit on a bench with him. "Stop bothering yourself, she'll be fine, be rest assured that she'll be." He reached for his phone and called someone. I didn't pay attention to his caller ID.
"Hi, please hurry up with a bottle of water. Yes, that's the floor. Okay...bye." He returned the phone to his pocket. Worry was very evident on his face— I couldn't tell whether it was for me or for Faith or both. 
"She'll be fine." I gathered faith to assure myself, resting my head on his shoulder. 
"Yes, she'll be." He gave me a side hug, finger-combing my hair. 
After a few more minutes, a nurse strolled out with a weird expression I wasn't able to describe, increasing the race my heart was participating in. "Hey, how is she?" I quickly sprinted to her. 
"The patient stammered, ‘Thank you, Imogen. I've done everything I can to save you and Tristan, don't ever feel terrible because of me. It was the head…’. We didn't know what the complete last sentence was before she passed away." The nurse informed me. 
"Passed away?!" My vision blurred and my legs immediately became wobbly, causing me to almost fall but Hames quickly caught me before I could fall. 
"Please be careful."
"How can Faith die? This is so unfair. Why didn't you save her?!" I hollered at the nurse, attempting to hold her collar but Hames stopped me. 
"Please pull yourself together." He rubbed my back. 
"How can I when I know that someone died because she wanted to save me? Two lives, gone…" I sobbed in his chest while he uttered soothing words to me. 
This was going to traumatize me for the rest of my life, it was so hard to think about the fact that she was dead. Someone I knew and loved as a friend was dead, just like that? 
***
~ LILA ~
"Imogen, please calm down." I rubbed her back. "Remember you're pregnant and crying this much isn't good for your baby."
"She's right, Imogen." Nikita commented, looking genuinely worried. 
"Who on Earth was it?" Kade asked. 
"Judging from my research, the shooting first started with a mentally unstable teenager who was able to get her hands on a gun. After shooting with multiple bullets, she shot herself with the last bullet."
"This is outrightly crazy!" Nikita frowned. 
"But since Faith's last words had mentioned that 'it was the head' and she trailed off, I figured out that it was our former head maid who is working for Sam and Dash as they are in prison." Hames said. 
"Samantha is so terrible. She still causes problems for you in prison? When will she be eliminated completely?" Kade frowned. 
"We'll head to the court today, I've sent the evidence I gathered to the lawyer, he'll sort everything out." 
***
"I feel bad for Imogen. Poor Faith, she was such a lovely person, I can't believe she's gone." I said to Mom and Kade, dropping my travel bags on the floor. 
"I didn't have the chance to interact with her so I have no emotional attachment to her but Imogen's tears… I feel so bad for her." Kade replied, brushing a few strands of my hair away from my face.
"Me too." Mom sighed. "I pray Imogen recovers from the trauma of watching her die soon."
"Amen." I replied. 
"Anyway, you should hurry up before you miss your flight to Paris." Mom grinned. 
"Yes, Lila." Kade smiled at me.
"I'm glad you're officially a couple. I hope you make babies before you return." She said, not paying attention to the fact that Made was still here.
"Mom!" I exclaimed while Kade burst into laughter. 
"You're so funny." He said.
"Annoyingly funny." I scoffed, feeling my face go red again. "Let's just get going." 
"Lila, please don't be too strict with him due to your spiritual life." She rolled her eyes at me. "You're his girlfriend now, don't wait till you're 30."
"Are you trying to poison my mind? Can we just forget the topic and focus on the fact that we are traveling to Paris for business?" I glared at her.
"Yeah… business." She smirked. "Kade, it's just business, right?"
"A very Romantic business." He smirked too.
I was going to Paris with Kade till God knows when. That realization just struck my brain. I was going to have to be extra careful if I didn't want to fall into the temptation of his charms.