Forty-seven

She slept so peacefully beside me, her hair flowed over her shoulders, covering parts of her face

She slept so peacefully beside me, her hair flowed over her shoulders, covering parts of her face. She had been constantly playing with Lily for hours at a time, totally draining her energy.

She was everything and more.

And this would be the only time I had alone to get what I needed without her knowing.

I slowly slid out of the bed, pushing the pillow under her head. I grabbed a scrap piece of paper off the table before placing it on the pillow. Leaving her scared me, it absolutely brought my darkest fears into the light.

I couldn't lose her again.

I never thought I was capable of this, of loving and being loved, yet here we are.

The bittersweet moments, the ones where I completely ruined everything, yet she continued to forgive me, she pushed me to be better.

I wanted to be better for her.

I turned, before walking out the door, her body curled in the blanket. I slowly closed the door behind me, making my way downstairs. I found both Axel and Lily on the couch, Lily had crashed.

"Hurry and get your ass off the couch, we're leaving," I spoke walking towards the door, grabbing my jacket.

Axel was right behind me, with no questions, as I exited the house. The rain was once again holding off for a little while. Brian was waiting in the vehicle, I walked up to the driver's window and he rolled it down.

"Brian, I need to ask for a favour," I admitted and he nodded.

"Can you stay here, with Lyla? You two seem to get along just fine, and I don't want to leave her here alone. There's a Tv in the living room, and you are welcome to anything in the kitchen."

"Of course, anything else you need?" He questioned.

"No, that'll be all Brian. Thank you." I admit before he gets out of the vehicle.

I make my way over to Axel's car, which he had already made his way into. I slid into the passenger seat, before he turned to me, "where too?"

Where the fuck do you get a ring?

"Just head towards the city, I'll know when we get closer," I confessed before he sped out of the driveway. After we got into the city, the number of times I made Axel drive up and down the main road, looking for the right place, was a highly extreme number, definitely not necessary.

And then I saw it, "pull over, here, Axel pull over!"

I jumped out of his car, looking at the building in front of me, 'Harry Labronte.' In the front window of the store, rings were displayed. The black and gold along the outside of the story made it look very interesting.

"So this is why you wanted to go without her," I heard him say from behind me. When I turned I could see the fucking smirk on his face.

"Wipe off the smirk, before I wipe it off for you," I grunt.