Chapter 34 - Shutting Their Lifeless Eyes

"Escape, now!" Bo Fan blurted. He took on a stance, making sure to point his longsword threateningly at the cultivators.

Yi Ran shot him an accusing glare, "Do you not see how many people are in this room? There's no way I'll be able to escape..."

"Use your fire powers or whatever." Bo Fan retorted.

Yi Ran felt gloomy, "...I can't muster up any spiritual energy."

"YOU'RE SO USELESS!" Bo Fan sneered at her. He was hot-tempered and unwilling to argue any further. "Just go and run away!"

Yi Ran pouted. It wasn't her fault that she had no spiritual energy. If it wasn't for that despicable needle...

All of a sudden, a total amount of ten blades had went charging at her. Reacting immediately, Bo Fan blocked all ten swords with his longsword, heftily taking the blow. He winced, trying to withstand the power of all ten sword cultivators at the same time.

Yue Qingyuan, Qi Qingqi, Liu Qingge, Luo Binghe, Shen Qingqiu, Wei Wuxian, Lan Zhan, Lan Xichen, Jiang Cheng, and Hua Cheng had all pressed their weights down with their swords.

To their surprise, Bo Fan was able to deflect their ten swords!

He truly did deserve the title of "Five Strikes Demon". Every single strike he pulls off with his longsword, they are immaculate and brimming of energy. Each strike should be able to split up the earth and dig down deep enough to find lava!

In response to the cultivators' stupor, Yi Ran dashed out of the office. Just when she managed to open the door, a scimitar flung at her shoulder blades.

Yi Ran quickly dodged E-Ming, meanwhile slipping out of the office.

Seeing this, the cultivators split into two groups. The Peak Masters from Cang Qiong Mountain chased after Yi Ran, while the three couples, Jiang Cheng, Lan Xichen, and Wen Ning stayed behind to deal with the demon, Bo Fan.

Two fights began occurring at the same time, but at separate rooms.

Inside the office, Jiang Cheng took out Zidian, which flung at Bo Fan's longsword. Instead of lashing out, Zidian had wrapped itself around the longsword, trying to pry it out of the demon's grip. To respond, Bo Fan held onto his longsword, not letting go.

Taking advantage of his still movement, Lan Xichen unsheathed his sword and stabbed at the demon's right temple- only to be blocked by the demon.

Bo Fan had unknowingly raised a leg to block the sword, Shuoye.

Expressionlessly, he kicked away the sword, which deflected Lan Xichen.

However, his longsword was still caught in the grip of Zidian. With muffling grunts, Bo Fan and Jiang Cheng were in a standstill of tugging.

Next, the three couples decided to attack.

Lan Zhan handled Bichen in one hand, taking on a graceful stance, then stabbed. Surprisingly, Bo Fan unleashed one hand from the tug. With his one spare hand, he covered his right artery, while also deflecting Lan Zhan's sword.

Behind Lan Zhan came Shen Qingqiu. He unsheathed his sword, then attacked. Simultaneously, Luo Binghe unsheathed his own sword and attacked on the other side.

Bo Fan saw this. He predicted the two's moves.

Instead of cowering away, Bo Fan blocked his body with one hand and also lifting a leg up. Luo Binghe and Shen Qingqiu were at a loss for words. This demon simply didn't have any flaws for them to penetrate through!

Suddenly came out Ruoye, controlled by Xie Lian.

The silk bandage tugged onto Bo Fan's longsword. In order to keep balance, Bo Fan had to use both hands to tug his longsword back.