Chapter Fifteen

A few days passed since Aster and I did

A few days passed since Aster and I did....that. Even thinking about it brought a dark flush to my face. I still couldn't believe we had gone that far.

I didn't regret it though. But now I had no idea what was going to happen between us. I had been overthinking so much and I was so tired of it.

But I decided to just go with the flow. I trusted Aster to not hurt me.

Yesterday was New Year's Eve and Aster and I had stayed up until we were sure it was past midnight.

I never imagined starting this Year with feelings as deep as the ones I have for Aster.

But when he grabbed my face and kissed me I knew I was in too deep and there was no way I'd forget him when I go back home.

Aster was out again and I was cleaning up the mess we made last night in the living room while also folding the laundry he had washed.

I walked into the bedroom with the basket and opened the closet to store the clothes inside. As I was doing so I was suddenly reminded of the journal I had found and how badly Aster had reacted to it.

I still didn't understand why.

I bit my lip as I wondered if it was still inside. I reached my hand to where I had seen it but this time I was met with a different kind of paper. I frowned in confusion and pulled it out.

By pulling it out other papers were starting to stick out. I glanced down at the paper and my eyes widened at what I saw.

Amira Misra- Missing since August 2020

What?

Why does Aster have flyers of a missing girl? When I looked at the information it said she was 19 when she disappeared and it's been over a year now since it's currently January 2022.

I grabbed the other papers and I was surprised to see there were other flyers of other missing girls. I shuffled through them but then my eyes widened when I stopped at one in particular.

Stella Reed- Missing since June 2021

The picture of the girl was Aster's sister. She was missing. I swallowed as the pieces slowly pieced together in my head.

Stella went missing and so Aster had all these flyers and that journal. Was he trying to find her? It's been six months now and I knew she could still be out there.

But then I frowned.

Wasn't I about to go missing too? If Roger had kidnapped, me was I just going to be another girl on a missing flyer? Did Aster know what could have happened to me and he decided to act like he knew nothing at all?

The door slamming snapped me out of my thoughts and my heart jumped.

I grabbed the flyers and I left the room with my heart racing. I saw Aster taking off his coat and boots with a deep frown and I chewed on my bottom lip. He already looked upset.