Chapter 49 - The Cursed Realm : Part One

The Bounty landed at Steep Wisdom, the Ninja all climbed off with Sensei.

"Shouldn't we be going to Stiix? The longer we wait, the worse it'll get." said Kai, questioning Sensei.

"We need to stock up." Sensei said.

"On what? Magic tea that will make us invincible?" Jay asked from the ground, Kai and Sensei still on the ship. He gasped. "Give us special powers? Is it gonna give us four arms?"

"Sadly, no magical tea today. I had to sell the rest of the merchandise along with everything else." Sensei said.

"What? You sold your business? But that was for your retirement." Zane said.

Cyrus Borg came out of the shop. "Ah! Hello again, ninja."

"While we were away, I had Borg use the money from the tea farm to create us some new toys to balance the scales. They are expensive, you know." Sensei said.

"Ah. It's been so long, I hardly recognize any of you. Lloyd looks older. I see a Water Ninja. Zane looks human as always. Cole is a...a ghost? Huh?" Borg laughed nervously. "Jay looks shorter. And, and then there's Kai."

Jay narrowed his eyes. "Hey, what do you mean I look shorter?"

Kai pulled him back. "I'm sorry, Dr. Borg, but cut to the chase. We don't have much time."

"Yes, always the impatient one. Come, let me show you." He pressed a button and a hole in the ground opened up, an elevator brought up three vehicles. "If you want a little muscle with that hustle, I've made Jay a lightning-fast Ghost Taker GT. Front spectral intake, rear incorporeal storage."

Jay grinned. "Oh, why did the Ghost cross the street? Oh, I don't know, maybe 'cause he saw me coming in that!" He ran and jumped into his vehicle.

"Zane's Ice Mech." Borg gestured to the white mech. "Sure it appears to be the same, but I've equipped the underarms with Deepstone particle shooters, allowing you to freeze the competition."

"Super cool. And I mean quite literally." Zane said as he too, jumped into his mech. Jay was driving donuts around them.

"Cole, I've made you a Ghost Cycle." Borg said, looking to the ghost. "Twin carbine blasters, auto-evasive handling. Made entirely of Deepstone, perfectly molded to fit the, uh... bodiless. And I've set all the radio presets to your favorite: soft rock."

Cole walked over and climbed on. "I do love a slow jam." He turned on the radio and music began to play; he jammed out. "Whoa!"

"And for you, Kai." Borg tossed Kai a red headband.

"A headband." Kai said, trying to hide how unimpressed he was.

"A personal embroidered headband. Thirty-two thread count, easy tie capabilities — I apologize. I lost track of the time building the other vehicles. Eh, same goes for you, Lloyd. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure you'd be making it back."

Lloyd shook his head. "Hey, I'm just happy to be here. We'll take any help we can get."

"I hear Morro has opened a bridge between our two realms. It'll take time for the Preeminent to cross." said Borg, knowledgeably.

Sensei nodded. "Which is why we need Lloyd to use his powers to destroy the Realm Crystal before that happens. If Ninjago is cursed, the other realms are sure to follow."

"But they'll be expecting us." Nya stepped up. "And Morro still has the Sword of Sanctuary. Even with all these fancy new vehicles, how are we supposed to get close?"

"Yeah, we're supposed to take on an army of Ghosts?" Jay slid up beside them.

"Maybe I can lure him out. He said he always wanted to be the Green Ninja." Lloyd suggested.