Chapter Twenty-Five

"You know I thought you would be depressed, but here you are eating food"

"Food makes me feel better"

Elliot smiles slightly as you eat your favorite food slowly, yet your hands are for some reason shakey.

"You aren't ok, (Y/n)" you look up at your father with sad eyes, ready to burst into tears at any second.

"They didn't deserve to die...the shooting was horrible"

You let out your feelings spill, while the CEO stares at you.

Elliot having enough of your tears decides to speak up his mind.

Making the situation much worst.

"No offense, but can you just move on? Honestly, you didn't even know them for that long"

You stare at your father in disbelief and anger.

"You know what? when you die, I won't cry at your funeral" you spat, standing up from your seat, causing the golden-haired man to smirk.

"No need to, I already hired people for that job"

Hearing that, you storm off to your room angrily.

Suddenly his phone starts ringing, and he picks up when he sees that it is Leo.

"Everything is done, I send the paychecks to their families by an Anonymous bank account after confessing to the shootings"

Elliot's mood turns good up by the news, finally having everything going according to his plan.

"Alright, arrange my meetings for tomorrow"

"Yes, but there is also something I wish to inform you about"

"What is it?"

"Your father wishes to speak with-" Elliot doesn't let his assistant continue.

"What have we discussed about this matter? I do not wish to see or speak to him, see you later, Leo"

"But, he has something important to tell you" Elliot narrows his eyes.

"I don't care"

𑁍𑁍᪥𑁍𑁍᪥𑁍𑁍

"How are you doing?" This is the first thing Owen asks after you pick up.

"I still can't believe that they are dead" you can hear your best friend sigh on the other side of the phone.

"Neither can I, but we have to move on"

You frown upon realizing that there is no hint of remorse in his voice.

As if the whole thing didn't affect him, after all, those were his childhood friends who died.

Little do you know that Owen is thankful that they are out of the picture

Now, he can have you all to himself.

Because if they weren't out of the picture...he would probably have to make sure of that.

"Isn't your birthday next week" you nod.

"Yes, but I'm thinking about not celebrating it" you acknowledge.

"No, you should totally celebrate it, I'm sure Nathan, River, and Jude would have wanted you to move on" this time you scowl.

"Owen?"

"Yes, (Y/n)?"

"Why the fuck do you sound happy about their death?"

Owen stays silent for a moment after being called out.

"Because...I don't care."

At that moment you realized that your best friend is not so different from your father after all.

𑁍𑁍᪥𑁍𑁍᪥𑁍𑁍

Elliot didn't expect someone to visit him in the middle of the night, especially a woman.

Yes, he does have sexual affairs, but he keeps it away from home, away from you.

However, instead of seeing one of the prostitutes, he sleeps with, he is shocked to see his first love.

The one who supposedly disappeared from his life, the one who is your mother.

"(M/n)?" Elliot whispers, staring at the beautiful (H/c) haired woman.

"Where is (Y/n), I want to see her now" the bright blue-eyed man rolls his eyes in displeasure.

"She is sleeping right now, so you can come back later" (M/n) raises an eyebrow at him.

"Your father is the reason why I was put in a coma in the first place"

Another reason added to why Elliot doesn't trust his father anymore.

Check.

"I don't care" he replies with a bored tone.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" your father shrugs.

"No offense, but you are kind of not rich enough to be my wife or the mother of (Y/n)"